PDA

View Full Version : Looking for training partners in SE Mass.

BIG AL
11-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Like the title reads I train alone at a gym in foxboro, ma. and I am looking for training partners

fpr
11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Your best bet is to go onto powerliftingwatch.com and find PL "friendly" gyms and go from there. Good luck.

RhodeHouse
11-30-2008, 09:48 PM
There's a place called Olympia where Steve Smith trains. He has a group of guys. I think it's in Malden or somewhere in that area.

There's also a gym in Rhode Island. Not sure of the name. You'd have to post around to find it.

Look around. Be willing to travel if you want to find good training partners. They are hard to come by

jbrin0tk
11-30-2008, 10:07 PM
If you post over in the "Iron Brothers" section of Elitefts and say you are looking for training partners in SE Mass, they will probably post it up there for you. I've seen quite a few people get responses pretty quickly doing it that way.

BIG AL
11-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks guys, that bp seminar you and vinny did was great did they ever post video of it. whats up with the shirts and do you think you could do a squat seminar. I will be competing in wallingford, ct at the push pull meet on the 13th will you be around, thanks again for the bp help I was the tall fat guy about your size just fatter and better looking :fart:

drew
12-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks guys, that bp seminar you and vinny did was great did they ever post video of it. whats up with the shirts and do you think you could do a squat seminar. I will be competing in wallingford, ct at the push pull meet on the 13th will you be around, thanks again for the bp help I was the tall fat guy about your size just fatter and better looking :fart:

Rhodes, Vin and I will be at the meet in Wallingford.

If you feel like driving, Southside is a mere 2 hour drive from Foxboro.

BIG AL
12-01-2008, 12:36 PM
:hello:drew are you competing, do you think I could get a lift off from rhodes, when do you guys squat because I need help with everything but more so with squats

drew
12-01-2008, 01:19 PM
:hello:drew are you competing, do you think I could get a lift off from rhodes, when do you guys squat because I need help with everything but more so with squats

I'll be there to bench. Rhodes is lifting off for me, you'll have to ask him for the liftoff, I can't speak for him.

I only bench at Southside on Friday nights. I think they squat on Saturday morning.

WillNoble
12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
I used to work in Mansfield Ma. and trained at Next Level Fitness in N. Scituate RI and their location in Cumberland RI. A VERY PL friendly spot, with a crew of USAPL lifters there. If you go there ask for Jen Perry or Disa Hatfield, and tell em Will from Kentucky sent you...

sean51
12-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Im thinking about going to the tourny in wallingford also but, no one goes raw anymore there?

BIG AL
12-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I will, slim 341 raw push pull. that sounded dirty