PDA

View Full Version : First time in my squat suit, WOW

BigTallOx
12-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Today I got my Metal IPF Squatter. This is the first time I squatted in any kind of suit, so I didn't know what to expect, but WOW, I love it. I squatted 495, 50 pounds more than my raw PR. It felt like it gave me big explosive push off the bottom. Very cool.

BFGUITAR
12-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Ya using knee wraps as well?

BigTallOx
12-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Ya using knee wraps as well?

Yeah. I'm still learning how to squat with the knee wraps though, I don't feel like they help all that much. The suit is another story though.

BFGUITAR
12-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Really? The wraps are incredible for me I get a hell of a lot out of them. Are you wrapping tightly enough?

BigTallOx
12-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Really? The wraps are incredible for me I get a hell of a lot out of them. Are you wrapping tightly enough?

I wrap them pretty darn tight. A buddy had to help me stand up from the bench after I wrapped them, lol. Maybe it's because I have really long legs, I don't know.

HP666
12-01-2008, 09:05 PM
How tight is your squat suit? I remember the first time I put one on, it was like being on Mars it felt so different.

BigTallOx
12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
How tight is your squat suit? I remember the first time I put one on, it was like being on Mars it felt so different.

I was between sizes, and since it's my first suit and I'm still gaining weight, I went with the larger size. But, IT'S TIGHT. It took me probably 5 minutes (maybe longer) to get it on.

Sensei
12-01-2008, 09:13 PM
The first time I tried to get on my squat suit, I got it about a quarter of the way on my arse and then, after about a 25 minute struggle, I collapsed face down on the floor in a pool of sweat, ass hanging out and all... Too bad my wife didn't take a picture - maybe I'll just re-enact it and have my wife stand by with the digital camera.

Big o Boy
12-01-2008, 09:21 PM
nice Sensei... lol.

Metal IPF Squatter, FTW! That's what I have, too. Glad you liked it.

evilxxx
12-01-2008, 09:45 PM
The first time I tried to get on my squat suit, I got it about a quarter of the way on my arse and then, after about a 25 minute struggle, I collapsed face down on the floor in a pool of sweat, ass hanging out and all... Too bad my wife didn't take a picture - maybe I'll just re-enact it and have my wife stand by with the digital camera.

Same here....First time for me it was a long struggle to get it on and bruises and cuts after i took it out.

rctriplefresh5
12-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Today I got my Metal IPF Squatter. This is the first time I squatted in any kind of suit, so I didn't know what to expect, but WOW, I love it. I squatted 495, 50 pounds more than my raw PR. It felt like it gave me big explosive push off the bottom. Very cool.
gj on the pr

EatMyWay2TheTop
12-02-2008, 04:07 AM

I also use a Metal Squatter (v-type though) and it gives me a lot of pop out of the hole. That's a nice suit. Congratulations of the PR.

Illinimeats
12-02-2008, 05:16 AM
I know how you feel, I just purchased an Inzer Champion Suit and wow did it add the pounds. I know that a Champion Suit is not a high powered suit, but it still added the weight. I like to wear it as I feel my form is a lot better, it seems to force my chest out and centers my balance. During raw lifts I have problems with balance and feel I'm fighting my balance more than lifting, which limits my poundage.

Illinimeats

Reko
12-02-2008, 06:05 AM

LOL, I feel your pain, first suit I ever put on was a Leviathan double canvas. Getting it on was tough, but possible. Getting it off however..... yea, not so much. I about took a large pair of scissors to it! I was by myself too so that just made it even more fun.

cunniff1981
12-02-2008, 02:24 PM
I was between sizes, and since it's my first suit and I'm still gaining weight, I went with the larger size. But, IT'S TIGHT. It took me probably 5 minutes (maybe longer) to get it on.

If it took you 5mins to get in then it's not tight!!!!!

Detard
12-02-2008, 02:41 PM
LOL, I feel your pain, first suit I ever put on was a Leviathan double canvas. Getting it on was tough, but possible. Getting it off however..... yea, not so much. I about took a large pair of scissors to it! I was by myself too so that just made it even more fun.

I had to get my first suit off with a knife. It fit good at 165lbs. I squeezed into it at 185lbs, and couldnt get it off. It took me about 30 mins to get into it, then the pump from squatting made it too tight to get off without cutting it.

RIP 1st suit.

Lones Green
12-02-2008, 02:47 PM
I had to get my first suit off with a knife. It fit good at 165lbs. I squeezed into it at 185lbs, and couldnt get it off. It took me about 30 mins to get into it, then the pump from squatting made it too tight to get off without cutting it.

RIP 1st suit.

LOL! why didn't you just wait a few minutes?

Detard
12-02-2008, 03:07 PM
LOL! why didn't you just wait a few minutes?

Because I kinda went into panic mode. I thought to myself "oh ****! my legs are gonna fall off, I gotta get this ****in thing off now!" hahah.

Newbie mistake

AndrewMartin
12-02-2008, 03:17 PM
i have a Titan Centurion NXG suit. It was the very first suit i have ever used, and the first time I used it, i was able to add 100 pounds to my squat.

I love my freakin Centurion. The thing is a beast.

joey54
12-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Those numbers are gonna sky rocket once you learn the suit.

BigTallOx
12-02-2008, 05:19 PM
If it took you 5mins to get in then it's not tight!!!!!

I know, but to somebody who's never worn a suit it felt tight. It must not be too big given it added 50 pounds to my squat.

bigred90
12-03-2008, 09:50 AM
I know, but to somebody who's never worn a suit it felt tight. It must not be too big given it added 50 pounds to my squat.

you'll probably end up with a lot more carryover. When i used my first single ply suit, a titan, the first week i got a 45lb carryover then 80 the next week and 95 the third. I think you just need to give your body a week to get used to the real heavy weights and just the feeling of using a suit.

BigTallOx
12-03-2008, 12:54 PM
you'll probably end up with a lot more carryover. When i used my first single ply suit, a titan, the first week i got a 45lb carryover then 80 the next week and 95 the third. I think you just need to give your body a week to get used to the real heavy weights and just the feeling of using a suit.

In the suit the hardest part of squatting the 495# was just having that much weight on my back, getting up out of the hole wasn't that bad. So I agree, once I get used to holding more weight, I think I'll definitely be able to squat it ( in the suit ).

EatMyWay2TheTop
12-04-2008, 03:30 AM
In the suit the hardest part of squatting the 495# was just having that much weight on my back, getting up out of the hole wasn't that bad. So I agree, once I get used to holding more weight, I think I'll definitely be able to squat it ( in the suit ).

Tell me about it, I had more trouble getting it out the rack and setting up than squatting it.