PDA

View Full Version : Fat

12u$$eLL-
12-02-2008, 01:32 AM
So after around a month and a half I gained nine pounds. Went from 171 to 180.. Yeah I kept it simple, drinking a lot of shakes and eating like a pig.. I think my problem was that I ate too much crappy foods putting to much saturated fat and carbs into my system. Sure I got stronger and arms got bigger but my stomach got fatter also. I play baseball at my university not football..

Any tips?

Chalky Palms
12-02-2008, 01:37 AM
I assume you are asking how to gain weight without the fat? To do this first and foremost make sure you are eating breakfast, this can't be stressed enough. As soon as your eyes open you should be shoving food down your throat. Make breakfast one of your biggest meals and taper off your carbs as the day progresses. Possibly cut off carbs completely at night. Eat 5 or 6 meals a day spaced about 3 hours apart and make sure each has a protein source, fibrous carb, and starchy carb (exclude this or eat a smaller portion for your last 2 meals). Make sure you are getting your EFA's, both omega 3's and 6's. These are the good healthy fats that actually help in burning fat. If you don't eat a lot of fish I would think about buying some fish oil caps. I'm sure other people will have tips as well but thats all I can think of right now.

12u$$eLL-
12-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the good advice and your right about breakfast but my problem is that after I workout I goto dinner and eat A LOT..

Y2A
12-02-2008, 11:11 AM
If you want muscle without too much fat you have to watch your diet pretty closely. Aim to be 500 cals over maintenance each day and eat good food, rather than junk. Some people can do a free for all and eat everything in sight without getting a gut, but it doesnt work for everyone.

Brad08
12-02-2008, 11:22 AM
If you gain weight, some will be fat and some will be muscle. The ratio of fat gain to muscle gain depends heavily on your genes (hormones) and also on your age, training, etc. You're lucky if you get a 2:1 ratio, two pounds of fat for every pound of lean muscle.

12u$$eLL-
12-02-2008, 12:27 PM
If you gain weight, some will be fat and some will be muscle. The ratio of fat gain to muscle gain depends heavily on your genes (hormones) and also on your age, training, etc. You're lucky if you get a 2:1 ratio, two pounds of fat for every pound of lean muscle.

However, you can limit the amount of fat you get from a good diet

hellagrant
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
I hear yeah. I need to gain serious mass but fat scares me. :eek:

Currently I am working on my first real bulk and I notice that I have gained significant amount of fat. Sucks, but like people always say on this forum, if you are bulking you will gain some fat.

I am thinking about adding 2 days of fairly intense cardio in hopes my body will lose fat. I only want to keep it for 2 days because my main goal is still calorie surplus = weight gain.

Or I could just stick it out and wait till my bulk is finished, then cut the calories dramatically.

12u$$eLL-
12-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah adding a couple days of cardio will help and watch what you eat for late night snacks