PDA

View Full Version : Egg Consumption

mrmatt
12-02-2008, 04:03 PM
What is a healthy amount of eggs one can eat in a day/week?

yankeekd25
12-02-2008, 04:33 PM

I eat a ****load of eggs. 3-4 times a week I'll have a 2-3 egg omelet fried in some Smart Balance butter and 4-5 times I'll eat 6 hard boiled egg whites. I'm not a fan of hard boiled yolks so omelets are the only way I get my yellows. Eggs are a great source of protein and healthy fats, so eat up.

jAy_Dub
12-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I have 8 every morning for breakfast, I dont use all the yolks though.

mrmatt
12-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi Jay and Yankeekd25

Thanks for the feedback. You guys eat more eggs/whites then I do. Guess I was just thinking that I had to many eggs in my diet.

BigDanny817
12-02-2008, 06:54 PM
i usually only have 2-4 eggs per day 2 in my wt shake n 2 in my protein shake

jAy_Dub
12-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi Jay and Yankeekd25

Thanks for the feedback. You guys eat more eggs/whites then I do. Guess I was just thinking that I had to many eggs in my diet.

I've read on the net multiple times of guys eating 36+ eggs per day! Of course these are the huge guys going to the extreme to gain an extra pound. I wouldnt worry about it, like Yankee said, eat up.

Mercuryblade
12-02-2008, 10:32 PM

Unfortunately, noone here can tell you what is going to be the healthy amount for your body
There is an enormous variability in our population for cholesterol tolerance. Without getting into too much detail, basically people have different levels of cholesterol that their body produces and also how well their body is at getting rid of cholestoral.
Some people can eat grams of cholesterol a day, and they will see very little change.
Others can completely cut cholesterol out, and their bodies will continue produce more than the average person to compensate for what was removed in their dietary changes.
Get your blood cholesterol tested. Eat a bunch of eggs, and then get it tested again.