PDA

View Full Version : Q for those of you on a liquid diet

twm
12-02-2008, 07:01 PM
how many shakes per day do you consume and how do you space them? i'm thinking about going with 2 per day. i am concerned that only 2 will not adequately space out the F/C/P and that calories/$$ will be wasted. if you are doing this or have done this successfully, i would greatly enjoy it if you humored me with how you set your diet up.

deeder
12-02-2008, 07:04 PM
So you're just going to drink 2 protein shakes per day?

Any time I've heard plans for liquid only diets they have talked about 7+ shakes a day with fiber supps, fish oil, etc.

twm
12-02-2008, 07:14 PM
yeah i was hoping to do two 1500ish calorie shakes per day.. dont have the specifics worked out right now as to the protein/fat/carb content.. so my line of thinking is accurate insomuch that 2 is insufficient?

KingWilder
12-02-2008, 07:20 PM
look up the Velocity Diet

twm
12-02-2008, 07:43 PM
well.. velocity diet isnt really what i'm looking for.

first off, i'm bulking... and while that is merely a function of calories, velocity articles on t-nation do not address how well various spacing of shakes would apply -- e.g., 2 per day rather than 5 there. i dont need advice on what to put in it.. just how well the body can absorb and utilize 1500 cals in one sitting without wasted cals and money

Painzer
12-02-2008, 07:58 PM
If you are bulking, why do you want to do a liquid only diet?

twm
12-02-2008, 08:18 PM
simplicity and lack of time to be cooking and prepping food all the time. i'd rather slap together some raw ingredients and essentials and blend them into harmony.

Doobs
12-02-2008, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't worry about anything being wasted, but eating only twice a day is really going to suck. If you aren't cutting you shouldn't put yourself through that. The other thing you have to think about is what you're going to do on training days and when these shakes are consumed relative to the workout.