PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

ultimullet
12-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Hello all! Nice to finally find a forum as great as this one. I am pumped to try out some of AtLarge Nutrition Products. Ok here's the story: I am an avid powerlifter and I really need to lose some fat. My health was suffering because of my weight and social habits(drinking,smoking,chewing) I cleaned up my act by cutting out the tobacco and boozing as of 2 months ago,but Im still a fat tub of goo. I have a clean diet, and Im doing cardio 5 days a week for 30 mins. Now the question: Which product(s) would you recommend to help maintain/increase strength? Money isnt really an option.
(I just started my diet this past Monday)

Thank you all for listening

Hanlon
12-03-2008, 05:45 AM
Hello all! Nice to finally find a forum as great as this one. I am pumped to try out some of AtLarge Nutrition Products. Ok here's the story: I am an avid powerlifter and I really need to lose some fat. My health was suffering because of my weight and social habits(drinking,smoking,chewing) I cleaned up my act by cutting out the tobacco and boozing as of 2 months ago,but Im still a fat tub of goo. I have a clean diet, and Im doing cardio 5 days a week for 30 mins. Now the question: Which product(s) would you recommend to help maintain/increase strength? Money isnt really an option.

Well I'm not the best with weight loss but if your looking into just strength supplements

They have Nitrean which is a protein with Casein.

Opticen which is also a protein which can be used as a meal replacement because it has alot of nutrients.

Results I also hear is really good I believe it has creatine in it.

Creatine 500 which I find is very good, I can actually see results in lifts like my bench. It is just straight creatine mono-hydrate or you can get it in capsules.

You have chosen a good brand.

Tom Mutaffis
12-03-2008, 09:47 AM

UltiMullet - there is actualy a specific "fat loss stack" if you are looking for something to help improve body composition.

With regard to strength, you will want to make sure that you are getting enough protein. An easy guideline to follow for now would be to focus on getting 1 gram of protein for every pound of bodyweight. In order to meet these requirements you will want to find good quality protein shakes to supplement your whole foods. Nitrean is a great choice because it has a mix of whey, egg, and casein protein which are all broken down at different rates - enabling your body to better utilize all of the protein over the extended period of time. Nitrean is also very low in fat and carbohydrates and can be a great choice for someone looking to shed bodyfat.

If you are looking to increase strength and build muscle you will have to make sure that you have an effective post workout supplement (PWO) as well. For this I would choose Opticen as is it specifically engineered for this purpose. There is a perfect ratio of quality protein, glycogen replenishing carbohydrates, and also some fats to promote optimal hormone levels.

Results is a GREAT strength product as it contains creatine, beta-alanine, HMB, and a delivery system (dextrose). This product does have about 300 calories and 80 grams of carbohydrates so I would use it pre-workout and early in the mornings only if you are cutting weight.

Here would be my shopping list:

Nitrean Protein - For general supplementation.
Opticen - For Post-workout and occasional meal replacement
Results - For strength and endurance (you can replace this with creatine 500 if you are interested in a low calorie alternative, though Results will yeild greater gains).

Let me know if you need help setting up any kind of diet / training program as well.

thewicked
12-03-2008, 01:28 PM
a solid protien like nitrean, results will DEFINATELY help you maintain and gain strength when used properly..and possibly, health depending, using something like nitor or thermocin to help you speed up the weight loss. I know when I gave up smoking and chewing cigars...along with a few beers every other night, my training rocketed to places I never though possible. You can bring it together buddy. You're off to a great start.

thewicked
12-03-2008, 01:30 PM

ultimullet
12-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Wow! Thank you so much for the great advice all. Ive been working like crazy so I havent been around home,and unable to reply.