PDA

View Full Version : Sad news today...

Reko
12-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Men,
The double cheeseburger has been replaced with the "mcdouble" on the dollar menu by my apartment in KC.

Only 1 piece of cheese per 2 meat patties. I guess I'll have to eat twice as many to make sure I get my dairy servings in for the day.....

Today is a sad day, a sad day indeed.

powerboy93
12-03-2008, 06:41 PM
things will never B the same...

Y2A
12-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Thats how a Wendy's double stack is also. C'mon man, its still good :D

Notorious
12-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Yo, that is just plain ****ed up. That is the reason the double cheeseburger is so much better than the double stack. The cheese is one of the best parts.

RhodeHouse
12-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Fight on, brother.

WBBIRL
12-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm liking burger king, on the way home from campus I snatched up 4 whopper juniors with cheese and a spicy chicken sandwich to eat on my way to work.

Tyrant
12-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I went to Walmart's McDonalds and noticed that today. I bought two anyway, though. Lol.

FFHill
12-04-2008, 06:55 AM
I have been lamenting this for a few weeks. At least you can get the 2nd piece of cheese for 20 cents.

One piece of cheese... what a croc.

KarstenDD
12-04-2008, 11:27 AM
I've had about a month of it. The pain doesn't go away.

drew
12-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I don't care. It's still worth the extra 19 cents.

Brad08
12-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Does anyone have word if this is a shift in corporate policy, or simply an isolated incident?

MCDONALDS WATCHERS, REPORT IN PLEASE.

drew
12-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Does anyone have word if this is a shift in corporate policy, or simply an isolated incident?

MCDONALDS WATCHERS, REPORT IN PLEASE.

It is corporate. They are doing it to help defray the increased food cost so that they don't have to raise prices on anything else.

Brad08
12-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Figures. I always hold my breath when I pull into McD's b/c I think the $1 doubles is too good to be true and has to end at some point.

Notorious
12-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, McDoubles are now at my McDonalds as well. $1.19 still isn't bad for a double cheeseburger though.

KarstenDD
12-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Figures. I always hold my breath when I pull into McD's b/c I think the $1 doubles is too good to be true and has to end at some point.

I blame your pessimism. It is entirely your fault.

Lones Green
12-05-2008, 03:32 AM
truly a sad day

Brad08
12-05-2008, 05:29 AM
the day McDonalds went too far

Reko
12-05-2008, 09:29 AM
It is corporate. They are doing it to help defray the increased food cost so that they don't have to raise prices on anything else.

He's right. I've been hearing about it for a while now but it took time to trickle down to this location I guess.

They do have a bacon double cheese burger for like 1.69 or something....

Lones Green
12-05-2008, 10:15 AM
at least they didn't take away one of the peices of meat

FFHill
12-05-2008, 11:25 AM
There is nothing more disheartening than two patties flappin' together without the cheese to hold them together in a beautiful harmony.

T FLEX
12-05-2008, 02:29 PM
There is nothing more disheartening than two patties flappin' together without the cheese to hold them together in a beautiful harmony.

True dat! That's why I carry spare cheese slices with me everywhere I go.

FFHill
12-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Nice! I never thought of that.

rbtrout
12-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Quite sad, indeed. But, if it makes anyone feel better, get 2 of them remove a top and bottom bun and put them together for a McQuad.

Out here in the LA area - Tommy's Burgers. A double chili burger, oh yeah. Prices went up on those to. I think it's a fast food conspiracy.

Vegetarian
12-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Quite sad, indeed. But, if it makes anyone feel better, get 2 of them remove a top and bottom bun and put them together for a McQuad.

Out here in the LA area - Tommy's Burgers. A double chili burger, oh yeah. Prices went up on those to. I think it's a fast food conspiracy.

Oh, NOOOO!!

I remember Tommy's ... it was the Friday night hangout at my High School (most of the fights would be fought there too). Everyone would go out and just get hammered, then go to Tommy's, all drunk and stoned, and just eat like there was no tomorrow!

God, "if" (although I definitely wouldn't) ate one of those double chili cheese burgers and chili fries now ... oh man, all I can say is I'd be in serious, SERIOUS trouble, those things are merciless.

I wish all of you carnivores could have one of those double or triple chili cheese 'things', I'm certain you guys would be in meat Heaven ...:drooling::drooling:

EDIT: 'Tommy's' grandson was a senior (varsity) wehn I was a sophmore - the dude was BIG, IIRC, he played Defensive End, or Tackle.

CrazyK
12-05-2008, 07:16 PM
The R3VoLuTiOn continues!

Comrades! Don't be fooled, the POW is still alive and well. We have gone underground due to the recent NUKE of the past POW .vs. McD's thread. However we urge all to continue to fight on against the evil Ronald McDonald empire. They're already starting to restrict your fat guy needs, slowly and surely they will end Rhodestown dream. Fight on comrades, fight on.

Reko
12-05-2008, 07:20 PM
The R3VoLuTiOn continues!

Comrades! Don't be fooled, the POW is still alive and well. We have gone underground due to the recent NUKE of the past POW .vs. McD's thread. However we urge all to continue to fight on against the evil Ronald McDonald empire. They're already starting to restrict your fat guy needs, slowly and surely they will end Rhodestown dream. Fight on comrades, fight on.

Never! It is a necessary sacrifice for the betterment of the Ronald Empire!!! I will follow it to my death!

CrazyK
12-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Never! It is a necessary sacrifice for the betterment of the Ronald Empire!!! I will follow it to my death!You're sacrificing your soul Reko. You're soul.

FFHill
12-06-2008, 01:13 PM
You know CrazyK, not everything is about the POW. Your little black ops men in their black pajamas couldn't pull something like this off anyway. This is simply internal cleansing with a test of our own resolve. In the end, Reko's soul is safe, and will have joy everlasting.

primal21
12-06-2008, 03:08 PM
lol this thread is great

JasonLift
12-06-2008, 04:17 PM
20 cents for a piece of cheese! What next will they expect me to make it too. I blame that damn movie super size me. Lets get some ski masks and beat that guy down.

Chubrock
12-06-2008, 05:16 PM
This is simply internal cleansing with a test of our own resolve. In the end, Reko's soul is safe, and will have joy everlasting.

Don't make excuses for that clown faced MFer. He's already started depriving you of certain freedoms. At what point do you say enough is enough? When your double cheeseburgers become singles? When the Big Mac no longer has the special sauce? Why settle for an abusive relationship when you can dine with someone who cares for you. Dine with the POW.

FFHill
12-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Why settle for an abusive relationship when you can dine with someone who cares for you. Dine with the POW.

The jealousy is oozing out of your words. What you wouldn't give for someone to have a relationship with. I mean, how you must have felt after your pig-tailed hussy sold herself to that roast beef place. Pft!... Curly fries, laughable.

mmm, big montana sounds good right now.

drew
12-08-2008, 06:32 AM
I tried the McDouble yesterday. I had 2 for lunch. It was pretty good. Not great, but it will do the trick.