PDA

View Full Version : trying to bulk, typical day's diet, suggestions?

AJ_H
12-04-2008, 03:11 PM
so today's diet was as follows:

breafast:
cornflakes w/ 1/2 pint of milk (I would have more but I REALLY don't have any time to eat in the mornings at all)

lunch:
sandwiches w/ beef and mustard
apple
orange
juice
would usually have a scotch egg and/or pork pie but none left today

dinner:
soup
gammon
baked potato
peas
1 pint of milk

supper:
pizza w/ pepperoni and mushrooms

Not sure on water intake but it probably needs to be more. As for the milk, I already KNOW that I need more, but my mum's not too keen on the idea, says it bad for the heart, and I already drink full cream so more of that is out of the picture...unfortunately. I think calories are somewhere around 2-3k, but not sure, and I'm rubbish at calorie trackers. Stats and goals are in the sig. Any feedback?

Thanks, AH

T FLEX
12-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Without knowing the exact portion sizes of those foods you listed I calculated that with that meal plan you are taking in somewhere between 2000-2500cal. So you are right about on with your calculation. Of course the only way you will know if you are taking in enough is to eat a set amount consistently for at least a week. That means you are going to HAVE to track your calories. If you put on weight your good. I'm sure you already know most of that but I just thought I would mention it anyway. Take a look at the link in my sig Hard Gainers Meal Menu for some ideas.

AJ_H
12-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Without knowing the exact portion sizes of those foods you listed I calculated that with that meal plan you are taking in somewhere between 2000-2500cal. So you are right about on with your calculation. Of course the only way you will know if you are taking in enough is to eat a set amount consistently for at least a week. That means you are going to HAVE to track your calories. If you put on weight your good. I'm sure you already know most of that but I just thought I would mention it anyway. Take a look at the link in my sig Hard Gainers Meal Menu for some ideas.

ok will do thanks. I'm lazy when it comes to tracking calories :drooling:

T FLEX
12-04-2008, 03:50 PM

I hear you on that one. But believe me when you start to do it more it just becomes second nature. I have been tracking calories for so long now I can tell you off the top of my head what in most foods (at least the ones I eat) without even looking.

I actually have a calculator I leave on my kitchen counter. At the start of each day I enter 3500 (my calorie requirement) into the memory. When I eat something I subtract the calories from that number which leaves me with the new number representing what I need to eat for the remainder of the day. I then save that number to the memory and continue to update it ever time I eat. It's nice cause many times I will get to the end of the day and see that I need to eat another 200 calories. No problem, drink a glass of milk and I'm done. It really isn't any extra work at all and it really keeps me on top of eating.

AJ_H
12-04-2008, 03:54 PM
ah cheers for all the help and by the way I didn't post the amount (grams, whatever) of each serving because I don't know it. Will try to next time though.

BigDanny817
12-04-2008, 03:58 PM
I hear you on that one. But believe me when you start to do it more it just becomes second nature. I have been tracking calories for so long now I can tell you off the top of my head what in most foods (at least the ones I eat) without even looking.

I actually have a calculator I leave on my kitchen counter. At the start of each day I enter 3500 (my calorie requirement) into the memory. When I eat something I subtract the calories from that number which leaves me with the new number representing what I need to eat for the remainder of the day. I then save that number to the memory and continue to update it ever time I eat. It's nice cause many times I will get to the end of the day and see that I need to eat another 200 calories. No problem, drink a glass of milk and I'm done. It really isn't any extra work at all and it really keeps me on top of eating.

I like the calculator idea. definately gonna try that soon.

ryuage
12-06-2008, 05:58 PM
so no time to eat breakfast because... you cant wake up a few minute earlier?

RhodeHouse
12-06-2008, 11:33 PM

You don't need to count calories. Just eat. Your meu kinda sucks. I don't wanna hear that you don't have time to eat more at breakfast. Get up earlier and the problem is solved. Go to bed earlier so you can get up earlier. If you want to gain badly enough, you'll do it.

Eggs
Beef
Chicken
Pork
Fish
potatoes
Pasta
Rice
Peanut Butter
Whole Milk
Oatmeal

You should have just about all of those foods everyday if you're training hard and trying to gain weight. And, don't bother measurng. When you get full, keep eating.

AJ_H
12-07-2008, 08:03 AM
so no time to eat breakfast because... you cant wake up a few minute earlier?

lol I'm a cat when it comes to sleeping. I would love to have scrambled eggs w/ cheese and bacon first thing but I'd probably need to get up 20mins earlier to cook.

I'm considering having some PB sandwiches and some pork pies or something on the way in to college though.

You don't need to count calories. Just eat. Your meu kinda sucks. I don't wanna hear that you don't have time to eat more at breakfast. Get up earlier and the problem is solved. Go to bed earlier so you can get up earlier. If you want to gain badly enough, you'll do it.

Eggs
Beef
Chicken
Pork
Fish
potatoes
Pasta
Rice
Peanut Butter
Whole Milk
Oatmeal

You should have just about all of those foods everyday if you're training hard and trying to gain weight. And, don't bother measurng. When you get full, keep eating.

ok sounds like pretty solid advice.

AJ_H
12-09-2008, 01:11 PM
this any better?

cereal w/ 1/2 pint of milk,
PBJ sandwiches,
sandwiches - one beef one ham,
some healthy crap,
barbeque chicken pizza,
one pint of milk,
two cheeseburgers,
ox heart with 7 or 8 roast potatoes and stuffings as well as some more healthy crap.