PDA

View Full Version : Best Assistance Exercises to Build Bench Press

geoffsherman
12-05-2008, 08:15 PM
I have spent many hours researching various training methods. I have pored over EliteFTS, T-Nation, and WannaBeBig to understand how to break through plateaus. However, today I discovered two key exercises that clearly have the potential to break world records in the Bench Press. The first is the Invisible Board Press. Someone has clearly harnessed the power of physics to accomplish this lift. What you do is load as many plates as possible onto the bench and with the assistance of a training partner unrack the bar. Then you bring it down until the invisible boards must stop you because you bring it down 1-2" where you have your partner help you pull it off this invisible board. Upon completion of 4-6 reps, pop up, examine the rest of the gym, puff your chest out, and know that you are well on your way to world records with the assistance of your invisible board.

I can't go into detail on the second exercise as I am falling behind in my pursuit of bench press immortality because I need to practice this super secret movement. I will be on tomorrow to give details, but I will reveal its name for those special readers, it is called the "sternum" crush. </rant>

Sorry, I work out in a commercial gym and the gentleman above was working out on the other bench and he stopped me in between my sets to instruct me in the finer points of the bech press. While I am far from perfect, this moment made me realize that it was time to build my own gym.

jbrin0tk
12-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Haha, good times, man! I see stuff like this all the time.

bigbadwolfe
12-05-2008, 10:11 PM
After he puffed out his Chest did he flare his invisible lat also :) That one always kills me when they get up and flare their arms out like they got big slabs of beef under each arm :)

ultimullet
12-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Yes it is an epidemic that is spreading exponentially. We call Imaginary Lat Syndrome, or ILS for short. Symptoms usually partake after the carrier successfully benchpresses 185 pounds. Other symptoms include: Aggression towards smaller people, the uncontrollable urge to cut sleeves off of all garments(their own and other peoples), insulin resistance due to massive ingestion of Cell-Tech,and personal injury to themselves due to inflated egos. IE hitting on actual big guys' women and the dilusion of themselves lifting the back ends of automobiles. Stay Posted For The Physical And Mental Disection Of: The Hollywood Lifter,and The Mummies

Shouse94
12-09-2008, 12:51 AM
lmao nice!