PDA

View Full Version : New Bench......Awesome

MolonLabe
12-06-2008, 07:50 AM
I just got my new bench shirt, Inzer Rage X with 3" taken off the arms. Man, going from an HDBlast to this thing.....It looks absolutely tiny compared to the last shirt I was benching in. I'm almost worried that it won't fit, but it is the right size so I'll see in the next couple of days if it does. Here is my question, where should the shirt be sitting compared to a standard HDBlast? Will the neck naturally sit lower due to how aggressive the shirt is or will it sit on my body similar to the Blast? The Blast fit like a t-shirt, obviously a much tighter t-shirt, but it's the only shirt I've been in and therefore the only reference I have to go off of. Any other tips for working this shirt would be appreciated. TIA Oh, by the way I'm 5'9" 193 with a 42 inch chest. I got the in a 42".

Mike

Ben Moore
12-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Did you get the neck scooped and is it an open back?

MolonLabe
12-06-2008, 10:23 AM
It's not an open back just the stock stretchy back. As for the neck, I didn't tell them to change anything with it so it should just be a stock neck. The only thing I had changed was 3" shorter sleeves as per recommendations on this board.

Mike

Ripe1
12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
What is the benefit of the shorter sleeves?

MolonLabe
12-06-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm assuming the sleeves on the rageX are longer than most and therefore when the shirt is worn (with the shorter sleeves) it will stay more in the 'sweet spot' so to speak if that makes any sense. I get the idea behind it just having trouble articulating the reason.

Mike

MolonLabe
12-07-2008, 09:17 AM
anyone?

mosley1990
12-07-2008, 03:53 PM
i just got my rage x and the only help i can give is for breaking it in lol. just do lots of board work. start high and eventually go to lower boards. i found that wetting the seams and the chest plate helped it break in easier(a few people suggested it when i first got it) good luck w/ breaking it in!

MolonLabe
12-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Did yours look absolutly tiny when you first got it? I mean mine is the right size at 42", but damn does it look tiny. I'm getting into it this afternoon and I'm pretty excited, but damn it looks tiny LOL!

Mike

Ben Moore
12-08-2008, 08:28 AM
i just got my rage x and the only help i can give is for breaking it in lol. just do lots of board work. start high and eventually go to lower boards. i found that wetting the seams and the chest plate helped it break in easier(a few people suggested it when i first got it) good luck w/ breaking it in!

^This

mosley1990
12-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Did yours look absolutly tiny when you first got it? I mean mine is the right size at 42", but damn does it look tiny. I'm getting into it this afternoon and I'm pretty excited, but damn it looks tiny LOL!

Mike

Yessir lol. I cant put mine on all the way by myself but i can take it off alone. they are tight. i got my +2 bigger though.

MolonLabe
12-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I got mine right at my chest size because I read somewhere that they tend to be a bit on the big side. It just kinda threw me off when I got it after lifting in a HDBlast that was WAY to big; I'm stoked though looking forward to training today. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Mike

mosley1990
12-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I got mine right at my chest size because I read somewhere that they tend to be a bit on the big side. It just kinda threw me off when I got it after lifting in a HDBlast that was WAY to big; I'm stoked though looking forward to training today. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Mike

yeah, i kind of wish i would have gotten a size smaller so it would be tighter but, this is my first shirt so its fine. i got 295 to touch today but i had to help it on down by pulling haha. Nevertheless, it touched.