PDA

View Full Version : Is it Possible

Siked
12-07-2008, 10:41 AM
I am just curious if it is possible gain muscle mass and strength while at the same time losing weight? What would I have to do if I wanted to accomplish this. Would eating less calories and adding in more protein while still lifting heavy accomplish such a task? If not what would I have to do?:confused:

If someone could answer this I would appreciate it! Thanks to everyone who
read this!

P.S. A little off topic but how much protein should you consume for post workout? In a day?

cphafner
12-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Recomposition diets are tough. You can check out the TNT diet.

Siked
12-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Ok thanks man, I will be sure to check it out.

4g64fiero
02-27-2009, 05:56 AM
I just read the TNT diet book. Everything makes sense to me but I dont want to stray away from my baby got back routine. Should I just lift in the higher rep ranges only or is it really necessary for me to do exactly what the author suggests?

I didnt want to start a new thread for this since others have asked about it already.

Unreal
02-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Is it possible, yes. Is it easy, no. Is it the best way to achieve a goal, maybe. You'll probably get to your goals faster running bulking/cutting cycles. Focus on one thing at a time.

As for protein, 1g per lb/LBM as it has been posted on here 100000000x times and post workout, whatever fits into your daily diet plan. I would just focus on getting some ammount of protein after a workout but focus on daily totals and staying consistent.

VikingWarlord
02-27-2009, 09:37 AM
I just read the TNT diet book. Everything makes sense to me but I dont want to stray away from my baby got back routine. Should I just lift in the higher rep ranges only or is it really necessary for me to do exactly what the author suggests?

I didnt want to start a new thread for this since others have asked about it already.

First, props for a well executed thread bump.

Second, while I'm not familiar with that particular plan, that sort of a plan is pretty tricky and is usually written the way it is for a reason. I'd say that if you're happy with what you're doing, stick with it. If you want a change, go full bore into the change.

You can alter things a little bit once you're into the program but give it a shot as it's written first.