PDA

View Full Version : Time for my own journal

aikigreg
04-04-2002, 02:01 PM
Was looking at some pics last night of some progress over the last year I've been working out. It's been an amazing transformation so far, but I've got a hell of a long road to hoe.

Height = 6'1"
Beginning weight Dec 2000 - 275 must have been 35-40%BF

Currently 214, estimating 18% BF. Abs are peeking jsut below the surface, but I've still got fat man-boobies (down to an A cup from a solid b+ though!) and a big pooch below my belt buckle. However, I can now see my winkie when I'm standing up, so it's a vast improvement. My back has shown massive improvement! Pics to be posted later.

In november I went on a bulk from 218-235, and I've dieted back down to 214 using this diet plan. Typically I have:

7am - 1scoop low-carb Grow with 1 tbs flax, .25 cup cottage cheese.

9:30am - 3oz tuna with mayo and mustard, 1 tbs flax oil

12:30pm - Med Chicken Breast and a boiled egg

3:30 - 1scoop Low carb Grow and 1 tbs flax oil

7pm - 5-6 oz of meat with 1 cup green veggies - usually a mixed salad with flax oil dressing.

If I'm hungry after that I have a tbs of natty PB or sugar free jello.

Total calories around 1500 - I'll be doing this until the end of April in my quest to get to 200 pounds and some fat off my lard ass.

Training is a modified WBB routine, which I had to mod since I can't do some of the exercises and because 20-rep squats damage me.

I'll indicate if weight or reps is up from last week with a PLUS, and I'll indicate if I've modified anything. I do two sets of everything.

Mon:

Incline DB Press - 40 pounders +
Close Grip Pulldown - 120lb +
Flies - 100lb +
Lat Pulldowns - 80lbs +
Decline Bench - 110+
Seated row - 120lbs+
Hanging Leg raises - 3 sets of ten

In between each exercise I do 1 minute of jump rope and after all exercises I do 15 minutes high intensity intervals on the treadmill.

Wed.
This whole day is modified - I'm not trying for hypertrophy here, just strength, and my knees can't take the high poundage 20 rep squats or anything less than 10 reps on leg curls and extensions.

2 sets of front squats - 7 reps 110 pounds+
2 sets back squats - 7 reps 150 pounds+
1 set deadlifts - 7 reps 175 pounds+
1 set SLDL to floor - 5 reps 175 pounds+
1 set leg press - 12 reps - 270 lbs
2 sets leg curl - 10 reps - 70 pounds+ done very slowly
2 sets leg ext - 10 reps - done very slowly/100 lbs +
1 set standing calf raises - 25 reps - 35 lb dumbbells
1 set seated calf raises - 25 reps - 70 lbs
Bicycle crunch - 3 sets of as many as I can do.

Friday:
My weak-ass grip prevents me from doing much weight, so I do 1 1/3 SLOW reps to 10 on every exercise I do except pressdowns and shoulders. I've only recently added in shoulder exercises due to intense shoulder pain. I'm still keeping weight low on everything except presses.

2 Sets shoulder presses - 25lb DBs
2 sets lateral raises - 5lb DBs
2 sets lying tricep ext - 40 lbs
2 sets standing curl - 40 lbs
2 sets bench dips - bodyweight
2 sets hammer curls - 15lb DBs
1 set tricep pressdowns- 40lbs
various rotator cuff exercises

15 minutes high intensity intervals on treadmill.

Miscellaneous exercise:
Currently walking with my golf bag for a hilly 18 on Sunday. It's at least a 5 mile hike with 25 pounds on my back.
Occasional ballroom or swing dancing

That's all I feel like typing to get started. I'll add some pics and try to be more intersting next post.

Today is a rest day. Thank GOD. the areas between my shoulder blades, my hams, and my butt is KILLING me.

aikigreg
04-05-2002, 03:04 PM
I have no true before pics, because I was very ashamed of how I used to look and honestly because I never thought I'd get this far.

But here are a couple:

aikigreg
04-05-2002, 03:05 PM
what a friggin fattie!

aikigreg
04-05-2002, 03:08 PM
here's me a few months ago:

aikigreg
04-05-2002, 03:11 PM
and here is me currently. I'm abuot 10-15 away from seeing some ab definition. and fitting into size 36 pants, down from almost a fukkin *46*. I've lost 12 frikkin inches off my butt, if you can believe it.

aikigreg
04-05-2002, 03:12 PM
I know I look lousy compared to the rest of you studs and stud-ettes, but if you can stomach it, wanna take a guess as to BF%?

mesmall
04-05-2002, 10:48 PM
My best guess would be around 20%. Good work by the way.

aikigreg
04-17-2002, 09:28 AM
Monday was the first day I've been able to work out in over a week. I've had this nasty bug that has kept my breathing passages clogged all to hell and given me an unnatural amount of fatigue. It's really sucked. I'm still tired from Monday's workout even though I skipped the cardio and lowered the weight 10-15%. Probably will go again tomorrow, and then get back to my regular workout again starting next week.

I'm medicated now which seems to helping a little :)

I've also gone back to introducing a small amount of carbs back into my diet in the form of some oatmeal, fruit, and a little milk. The lack of carbs may have contributed to this cold hanging around so long and being so bad. So I'll be really gearing up for cardio within a couple weeks. Hopefully starting the martial arts back up soon also. Keep your fingers crossed. I really miss doing it, and I haven't found a good club since I moved to Texas, but I think I've found a weiner. Errr, winner.

aikigreg
05-21-2002, 12:28 PM
I'm back rom the dead, I hope. Until yesterday, I had not been in the gym since my last post. I've been completely unable to breathe through my nose and coughing up a storm. Many days I've not been able to speak normally. It's totally sucked. My voice seems to be finally back and the cough is mostly over. I got to see an ENT doc June 5 but I couldn't wait to get back in the gym. Finally thought I had enough strength to do it.

It went as well as could be, I guess. The first thing I've noticed is that I didn't gain any weight back - a good sign for me - I'm hoping I've started to change my body type to something that maintains instead of gains.

I haven't had much appetite for food or sex this last month - it's amazing how smell affects this stuff. But yesterday I was constantly hungry after my workout, so I'll take that as a good sign. Yesterday I ate:

Shake with 8 oz milk, 1/4 cup oats, 1 scoop advanced protein
2tbs natty pb
chicken salad sandwich with 7 grain bread and 3/4 cup of fruit
2 tbs natty pb
PWO drink (Biotest surge) two scoops
1 bowl special k cereal with milk
5 oz pork loin and salad, carrots with flax oil dressing
1/3 can of canned peaches.

That's easily 500 cals above what I've been eating.

I started a new workout regime called Escalated Density training from Charles Staley. 4 day split and basically each day you do two supersets consisting of 2 exercises each. You do each set for exactly 20 minutes and basically try to beat the amount of reps each week. When you can increase the reps 20%, you increase the weight 5%. Yesterday I did

A1) Chin grip pulldown
A2) skullcrushers
B1) seated row
b2) rev. grip tricep pressdowns.

I ended up with about 7 sets of 5 for the first supersets, and 7 sets of 7 for the second. I definately need to up the weight though since while back is tight my triceps feel fine. I shouldn't be able to brush my hair! Of course, I kept the weight a bit lower than usual because I knew I wouldn't be able to come back into it full strength. I'll just keep it easy this week since I'm still sick and we'll see how it goes.

aikigreg
06-21-2002, 11:00 AM
Holy crap, as soon as I try to get back into it I have to get out again. The not working out is killing me here! Anyway, I closed on a house the first week of this month and my time has all been going to packing, moving, unpacking, painting, and housework. I have been too sore and too busy to get to the gym, until this week. My schedule will still be spotty for the next couple weeks, so I'm just doing short whole body workouts whatever I can fit in each week. I went tuesday and will go again today. 2 sets each of

Squat
Flat Bench
SLDL
Shoulder press
Lat Pulldown
Bicep curl.

I'm following all this up some some serious swimming in my new pool!!!

Also I actually lost a couple lbs during this time, so the theory on changing body types my be coming through. Anyway, wish me luck!

GeneticallyGifted
06-21-2002, 03:39 PM
I would have to agree with mesmall with you bf% 20-24 I thought. I think that you have done a great job in just getting active again and then taking to a whole new level. Great job, hard work does pay off!!

kAiXuan
06-21-2002, 04:19 PM
is that your house in the second pic??
i like the yard :thumbup:
excellent progress BTW, keep it up and you will be a stud in no time!

aikigreg
06-24-2002, 07:16 AM
Heh, that's my in-law's house. Mine is actually MUCh cooler. Think American ranch house that's been gutted and turned into a japanese house. Pool and hot tub included. AHHHHHHH :D

Thanks for the compliment. It's killed me to be away these last weeks, and have all the illnesses this year that's kept me out of the gym. But it's on now!

aikigreg
07-02-2002, 09:51 AM
ok, so I went once last week, twice the week before, and I went yesterday. Hopefully I can get in three times this week, and re-conditioning will be over and I can move onto something bigger and better, like HST. I've just gotten so damn WEAK over the time I was gone. I can't believe it! Coming back quickly though. t's amazing how much strength you can lose quickly.

Also my knees hurt now when I squat - they didn't before - I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

Hopefully I can kill all the damn algae outta my pool and get some swimmin with bowlegged wimmin tomorrow.