PDA

View Full Version : Rage X

Brian Hopper
12-08-2008, 09:46 AM
I wanted to ask you guys that use this shirt a couple of questions. What type back should I get, open or stretchy? In otherwords what would produce better performance. Also, on the sizing they say to add 4 to your size for a double, would that be too big or should I just get what ever my chest measurment is? I will apreciate any tips and advice! THANKS in advance!

drew
12-08-2008, 10:31 AM
I'd get the openback, it's easier to get into and out of and easier to adjust.

When I went from a single to double, I went up 1 size (from a 49 to a 50). It was hard to figure out, but worth it.

Brian Hopper
12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
im just having the hardest time trying to choose a shirt. i wanna go with a double katana but i heard alot of people are having problems trying to touch. then i see alot of the pros are using inzer RageX or the Phenom. more then likely i will end up getting the RageX just because of all the great reviews. if i was rich i think i would purchase a shirt from all the competitors.

mosley1990
12-08-2008, 03:00 PM
ive got the close back-single ply rage x. i added 2 to my chest measurement and it fits nicely. kinda wish i would have gotten a tighter one but this is my 1st shirt. i got 295 to touch today but i had to pull down on it a little.

Brian Hopper
12-08-2008, 07:11 PM
I saw on the HOP website all of the options for the RageX and i have a couple of questions?

Is it worth the 2inch scoop neck?
what are the benefits between the reinforced neck and the super neck, and is it worth the extra $25 for the super neck?
is the grid stitch worth it? if so what does it do?
should i shorten the sleeves on it?

My chest is 48, so for a double they would recommend a 52. i was going to just go with a 50 and hope for the best.

TankOfTeamStone
12-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I think it's worth the 2" scoop neck, it doesn't choke the hell out of me. I never had any experience with a super neck. I got myself a grid stitch Rage-x. it's way to much of a shirt for me. it keeps the layers from stretching in the shirt. i got all my rage-x shirts 2" of sleeves. the shirt i got with the grid stitch is shirt size 58 and i got another one, the same size shirt with an inch bigger on the arms without grid stitch. the chest plate is about 1 1/2 inches smaller in the grid stitch shirt then the other shirt. i bought the grid stitch shirt from HOP. they screwed up on sizing of the chest plate. i now lift at Zenzen barbell. everyone that i lift with said they screwed up on the sizing with grid stitch, best bet is to call Inzer directly.

AdamBAG
12-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Have you ever benched in a shirt before?

Most people will not need all of the modifications you are asking about.

What federation will you be lifting in? This is important to know.

Brian Hopper
12-10-2008, 08:01 PM
I think it's worth the 2" scoop neck, it doesn't choke the hell out of me. I never had any experience with a super neck. I got myself a grid stitch Rage-x. it's way to much of a shirt for me. it keeps the layers from stretching in the shirt. i got all my rage-x shirts 2" of sleeves. the shirt i got with the grid stitch is shirt size 58 and i got another one, the same size shirt with an inch bigger on the arms without grid stitch. the chest plate is about 1 1/2 inches smaller in the grid stitch shirt then the other shirt. i bought the grid stitch shirt from HOP. they screwed up on sizing of the chest plate. i now lift at Zenzen barbell. everyone that i lift with said they screwed up on the sizing with grid stitch, best bet is to call Inzer directly.

Thanks for the input!!!

Brian Hopper
12-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Have you ever benched in a shirt before?

Most people will not need all of the modifications you are asking about.

What federation will you be lifting in? This is important to know.

Yes, I have benched in a shirt before. I have just been out of the game for awhile and there is alot of new gear out. I use to wear a Inzer Double Denim, and there is alot of new stuff out. APF meets is pretty much all I've ever done.

AdamBAG
12-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Yes, I have benched in a shirt before. I have just been out of the game for awhile and there is alot of new gear out. I use to wear a Inzer Double Denim, and there is alot of new stuff out. APF meets is pretty much all I've ever done.

If that is the case then I'm sure you'd be fine in a double Rage-X. I'd get the open back since it's legal in APF and much easier to put on. My Rage-X has the super neck, but that's the only mod. I think the grid stitch is too much for most people. Makes it really hard to touch. I'd rather just wear a tighter shirt with less mods.

Brian Hopper
12-11-2008, 02:02 PM
If that is the case then I'm sure you'd be fine in a double Rage-X. I'd get the open back since it's legal in APF and much easier to put on. My Rage-X has the super neck, but that's the only mod. I think the grid stitch is too much for most people. Makes it really hard to touch. I'd rather just wear a tighter shirt with less mods.

Thanks for the advice! do you have any problems with seams popping or shirt material stretching fast? because i heard that these shirts are good for it and people are getting 2 a year because it stretches on them after a couple of sessions.

drew
12-12-2008, 05:48 AM
I use my double RageX 3 out of 4 training sessions and have had it for a year and a half now. No problems.

bcsneed
12-12-2008, 06:30 AM
If you want to get the Rage X for sure, I would get 2" off the sleeve and roll with it. I would also go a little to big instead of to small. You can make very easy mods to tighten it up if need be.

AdamBAG
12-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the advice! do you have any problems with seams popping or shirt material stretching fast? because i heard that these shirts are good for it and people are getting 2 a year because it stretches on them after a couple of sessions.

I use my double RageX 3 out of 4 training sessions and have had it for a year and a half now. No problems.

As Drew said, durability really isn't an issue with a double. Since you are experienced in denim, I'd just get a normal fit. It will stretch a tad, but no more than any other shirt in my opinion.

I have heard of single ply rage-xs tearing, but I've never seen a 2 ply tear.