PDA

View Full Version : RDA/What do you need every day?

etcarl
12-08-2008, 10:26 PM
I haven't been able to figure this out by researching online. Say you didn't care about repetitiveness at all, and would eat the same things every day. Or even the same things at every meal. What do you need? What vitamins/minerals are needed every single day?

Really, the best way to go about this is to figure out the perfect meal. Say you were to grab everything you need and throw it in a bowl, and eat it. Not cut up the vegetables, just eat them one at a time with no dressing or anything. What would it all be. I'm trying to lose weight right now by eating clean and doing cardio (no weights right now). So what I'm doing (and I don't know if it's good enough) is; at every meal I put in a bowl half a cup of black beans, a handful of spinach leaves, a handful of fresh green beans, a handful of cremini mushrooms, and a handful of broccoli. I forgot to pick any up, but I also want alfalfa sprouts with it. It's disgustingly hard to eat it like this, but who cares. I save the beans for last because I like them a lot.

Anyhow; does this provide me with everything I need? I'm sure it doesn't, I really don't know. But I'm doing what I can. There are so many vegitables out there. But I did the math and the way I'm eating; at the end of the day I'm at about 1,100 calories. And I'm eating five times a day. BUT; each meal is frickin HUGE! I can't handle that much food. You'd be surprised at how many vegatables you have to eat to get enough calories to stay within the ''healthy weightloss range''. Maybe I don't have to eat as many vegitables, but my calorie intake might dip to around 900 a day. Would that be bad?

It's the end of my first day and I feel better than I have for the past year. Eating healthy makes me feel better. But is this diet good for the long run? What should I add, subract? Broccoli seems like a nessecity, it's on all those ''superfood'' lists. But I don't know what else to have. I was also thinking about getting some Twinlabs Amino Fuel for the Amino acids.

Anyways; can anyone help me figure this out.

Holto
12-09-2008, 10:01 AM
There are 38 essential nutrients:

2 Essential fatty acid's (though you constantly read incorrect examples of what an EFA is)
8 Essential amino acids

Here is a link to the rest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_nutrient

etcarl
12-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Awesome, thank you Holto :)