PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gaining

acfalcon
12-09-2008, 12:35 PM
I am going through a cycle during the winter to try and add some extra weight but I don't always have time for meals. I used to like using MuscleMilk because it had healthy fats in it and seemed to help me gain weight, but then they changed the formula to have some sort of dietary fiber and now it gives me the squirts. Anyone have any suggestions of a great tasting high calorie meal replacement mix like MuscleMilk?

Thanks

RhodeHouse
12-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Don't make escuses for not being able to eat. If you're able to cook, you can prepare food ahead of time.

primal21
12-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Cows and chickens brah, covered in peanut butter

bschatz88
12-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Muscle Milk is just another overpriced, unnecessary supplement. If you absolutely must get calories from a shake, just make your own mix up. Use some peanut butter, milk, ice cream, cottage cheese, olive oil, etc.

Best of luck :)

rokhead
12-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Its recommended that 60% of your protein income comes from whole foods. Though in addition to meals i use optimum nutrition lean weight gainer It has very little sugar, 60g protein, 640 calories, 85g carbs, and i think like 17-22g of fat per serving tastes pretty good too(except strawberry dont get that ****). Nothings going to beat eating, EAT EAT EAT even if you have to resort to fast food man hell if your winter bulking fast food is helpful anyway.

hellagrant
12-10-2008, 11:58 AM
If you absolutely must get calories from a shake, just make your own mix up. Use some peanut butter, milk, ice cream, cottage cheese, olive oil, etc.

Ice Cream is a bulker's best friend. Tastes good, comes in a variety of flavors, and has tons of calories. I love bulking with my milkshakes. I get to gain weight and drink milkshakes everyday.:)

KingWilder
12-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Its recommended that 60% of your protein income comes from whole foods. Though in addition to meals i use optimum nutrition lean weight gainer It has very little sugar, 60g protein, 640 calories, 85g carbs, and i think like 17-22g of fat per serving tastes pretty good too(except strawberry dont get that ****). Nothings going to beat eating, EAT EAT EAT even if you have to resort to fast food man hell if your winter bulking fast food is helpful anyway.

by who?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Its recommended that 60% of your protein income comes from whole foods. Though in addition to meals i use optimum nutrition lean weight gainer It has very little sugar, 60g protein, 640 calories, 85g carbs, and i think like 17-22g of fat per serving tastes pretty good too(except strawberry dont get that ****). Nothings going to beat eating, EAT EAT EAT even if you have to resort to fast food man hell if your winter bulking fast food is helpful anyway.Please don't discuss age-old obsolete percentages regarding diet on this site. What's next? The Food Pyramid?

Don't make escuses for not being able to eat. If you're able to cook, you can prepare food ahead of time.Agreed.

I am going through a cycle during the winter to try and add some extra weight but I don't always have time for meals.So make time for meals. Don't make excuses. You're the only one who is going to keep you from making time to eat, nobody else.

KarstenDD
12-11-2008, 10:04 AM
...now it gives me the squirts...
Buy some baby wipes, stay near a toilet and know that you won't be going out like John Wayne.

...Anyone have any suggestions of a great tasting high calorie meal replacement mix like MuscleMilk?

I don't have much use for weight gainers but this site is very closely tied to a company that makes some real good supplements...

rokhead
12-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Please don't discuss age-old obsolete percentages regarding diet on this site. What's next? The Food Pyramid?

Ok, dont tell me my advice is an "age old obsolete %" sure everyone is different and everyone will respond differently to different amounts of whole foods. But guess what? Almost everyone will agree that most of your protein intake needs to be from whole foods and thats more than 50%, so 60% is better??? If you get 60% of your protein from whole foods i guarantee that the results aren't going to be obsolete. Thats a good ballpark to shoot for i dont get how you would sit here and say its not. I've never read this out of a book or site, its been told to me by several of some of the biggest dudes in Kentucky, and from the knowledge that i know about diet and the body it makes sense. Its my advice, my friends advice, but not a textbook fact dont tell me not to share it.

RichMcGuire
12-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Ok, dont tell me my advice is an "age old obsolete %" sure everyone is different and everyone will respond differently to different amounts of whole foods. But guess what? Almost everyone will agree that most of your protein intake needs to be from whole foods and thats more than 50%, so 60% is better??? If you get 60% of your protein from whole foods i guarantee that the results aren't going to be obsolete. Thats a good ballpark to shoot for i dont get how you would sit here and say its not. I've never read this out of a book or site, its been told to me by several of some of the biggest dudes in Kentucky, and from the knowledge that i know about diet and the body it makes sense. Its my advice, my friends advice, but not a textbook fact dont tell me not to share it.

Well I think its because you stated it like a fact when you said,

"Its recommended that 60% of your protein income comes from whole foods".

And now you are saying its your opinion, as well as your friends. Sharing opinions is fine :) But I am willing to bet that just as many people feel getting most of your kcals or protein from liquids is just as good.

RhodeHouse
12-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Who gives a f#$k where you get youyr protein? Eat dead animals. And, you internet Dr's need to stop acting like you know everything about nutrition. I've never seen any of you on stage, so shut up. It's always the same guys that have to nitpick people's advice. Eating is very simple. Jackasses with too much time on their hands make it more complicated then it is.

Dude, just eat as much food as possible. If you think you've eaten enough, make some more and eat it. Simple. Never get hungry and you'll be fine. This is coming from a 320lb guy, not some tiny internet nutritionist.

RichMcGuire
12-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Who gives a f#$k where you get youyr protein? Eat dead animals. And, you internet Dr's need to stop acting like you know everything about nutrition. I've never seen any of you on stage, so shut up. It's always the same guys that have to nitpick people's advice. Eating is very simple. Jackasses with too much time on their hands make it more complicated then it is.

Dude, just eat as much food as possible. If you think you've eaten enough, make some more and eat it. Simple. Never get hungry and you'll be fine. This is coming from a 320lb guy, not some tiny internet nutritionist.

That made me Lol :P

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-12-2008, 02:35 AM
This is coming from a 320lb guy, not some tiny internet nutritionist.You forgot to mention your hulkish squat numbers. :)