PDA

View Full Version : Late night meal

kymira
12-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi Im currenty cutting and have my workouts around 8-9pm. I have my pwo shake (berries,banana,protein) right after around 9:30. Usually id have a meal an hour after the pwo shake like a tuna sandwich or a chicken breast with spinach, But since i am cutting would you guys recommend just cottage cheese and/ yogurt?

Sidior
12-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Whatever fits into your daily calorie requirements. That being said I would aim for something higher in protein and fats.

jtrink
12-09-2008, 07:25 PM
i eat cottage cheese with yogurt before I go to bed on my lifting days. Non-lifting days it varies.

accuFLEX
12-10-2008, 07:14 AM
I’m in the same boat as you. I make some calorie free (well…like 30 cals in 2.5 cups) of Jello and a TON of steamed vegetables…carrots, cauliflower, spinach, broccoli etc

Unreal
12-10-2008, 07:55 AM
My prebed or wake up and eat meal is cottage cheese with peanut butter. Works fine for me.

Tom Mutaffis
12-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Yogurt would not be a great choice since many of them are high in sugar.

Cottage Cheese or skim milk, Protein blends (containing egg & casein), and something with some fats like red meat or nuts work well also.

The main thing is that you want to stay away from carbohydrates and minimize whey protein in exchange for other protein sources (no more than 15-20 grams whey before bed).

What I will generally do is have something like 1/2 - 1 scoop of Nitrean protein (blend) mixed in with 8-16 ounces of skim milk.

whiteman90909
12-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Yogurt would not be a great choice since many of them are high in sugar.

What can be good is... well I dont remember the name of it, but it's a sour yogurt without any sugar or anything and you just put a little bit of honey in it... it tastes good and allows you to control just how many carbs go into the yogurt. I had it when I was in Greece, but I've seen it on shelves in the US too.

Lunar Effect
12-10-2008, 11:56 AM
What can be good is... well I dont remember the name of it, but it's a sour yogurt without any sugar or anything and you just put a little bit of honey in it... it tastes good and allows you to control just how many carbs go into the yogurt. I had it when I was in Greece, but I've seen it on shelves in the US too.

I believe they sell this type of yogurt at Trader Joe's if you have those where you live. I am in Seattle and they are everywhere...

kymira
12-10-2008, 12:56 PM
thanks for the advice guys, ill keep all that in mind

Unreal
12-10-2008, 02:00 PM

Greek yogurt. You can get it at walmart here.