PDA

View Full Version : Quick bench question

EatMyWay2TheTop
12-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Im having troubles keeping my wrists straight when the weight gets heavier, and I know that is counter productive so is there any exercices that can help me strengthen my wrists for the bench press ?

Ryano
12-10-2008, 05:14 AM
Anything that helps your grip will help. Always squeeze the bar as hard as you can when benching. I use grippers and do static holds after doing shrugs.

smokinHawk
12-10-2008, 06:08 AM
I use (and allot use) wrist wraps when the weights get real heavy.
I only use them when i shirt up and take a wide grip, couple times without them they put a bad pressure on my wrists doing more then 400lbs.

Ryano
12-10-2008, 07:12 AM
I use (and allot use) wrist wraps when the weights get real heavy.
I only use them when i shirt up and take a wide grip, couple times without them they put a bad pressure on my wrists doing more then 400lbs.

Haha, I guess I forgot the obvious. I just assumed he was using wrist wraps. I use them with anything over 315.

AdamBAG
12-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Outside of using wrist wraps (which I think are mandatory if you bench shirted) make sure you have the bar all the way in the palm of your hand and not too far towards the fingers. That way the bar is actually over the wrist bone and not behind it. I used to do this...

EatMyWay2TheTop
12-11-2008, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the advices guys, I was thinking about wrists wraps but I really need to get stronger because anything above 250-260 will start bending my wrists and that's pathetic. I'll try to change the bar position in my hands and improve my grip. Again thanks guys.