PDA

View Full Version : Best POWER food?

BigBadJohn
12-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Curious what the best thing I can eat or drink before my mid morning work out? I find that some days I run out of steam real quick. Ill give an example....one day I could do 3 sets of 10 of X ammount of weight....and maybe 3 days later I feel the pain by the end of the second set and then cant complete the 3rd set, maybe ending on the 4th or 5th rep...VERY frustrating because on those days the muscle doesnt even feel like its worked , it just doesnt want to move the weight.

Advice? I've been thinking of creatine? I've heard that stamina in the lifting is its strong suit?

How about a food? Thanks

Reko
12-10-2008, 10:18 PM
maybe wait more than 3 days before repeating a lift at maximal intensity?

BigBadJohn
12-10-2008, 10:27 PM
maybe wait more than 3 days before repeating a lift at maximal intensity?

I dont think its that. Because I could do the same lift a few days apart, but then maybe a whole week later, not pull it off.

I thought maybe Im training with too much weight, but then again. If I can do 3x10 of it....its not too much. I feel like its a diet thing, thats why I ask what are good power/muscle stamina foods.

getfit
12-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Maca

Reko
12-10-2008, 10:36 PM
if you are talking about eating right before lifting, i doubt there would be anything that would effect you in a positive way like that, only a negative way.
caffeine however may help.

But for mornings, something light, with simple carbs that you can use quickly, and light proteins seems to work for me. good hydration is key too.
I take it your warmups are the same?

getfit
12-10-2008, 10:38 PM
http://macasuperfood.com/benefits-of-maca

KarstenDD
12-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Coffee, ephedrine, and McDonalds

BigBadJohn
12-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Coffee, ephedrine, and McDonalds

:omg: McDs? I should be jacked by now.... HAHA