PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting my "BIG 3" in line

jmccown
12-11-2008, 07:50 AM
I've always been a bench jockey plain and simple. For the last 6 months I've really been hitting the deads and squats pretty hard to try to get my big 3 to what it should be. Typically squat is the biggest lift, then deads and then bench. When I first started doing these I remember not being able to deadlift 365 and on squat 315 felt heavy as heck. My current best raw lifts are the following, with the squat and deadlift numbers being from last nights session:

Raw Bench touch and go 425 (385 paused)
Deadlift 505
Squat 545

This is with belt and chalk only. I'm pretty happy with where I've come in the last 6 months. I'm really ecstatic over my squat numbers. I am making some really good gains there. Next week going for 585 on squat. I felt like I had some left in me after my 545 single but didn't want to overdo it. I finally got a power rack at home so I can really hit it hard on days I can't make it to the gym. This was a big holdback before because I always lift by myself. Now I need to pick up at least 4 more plates.

brihead301
12-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Nice lifts man. I just hit 315 last Friday on Squats, and I'm shooting for 405 on Deads. I don't really train for singles right now, I'm mainly trying to get as strong as I can using 5's. So those numbers are my current 5RM's. But that's pretty awesome, you just started getting into squatting and DL'ing, and you already have those numbers. Pretty damn good man.

jmccown
12-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks. My current weight is 234. My goal is to remain in the 242lb class, I'm pretty satisfied with my current frame. Not really all that concerned with losing any weight, just trying not to get over the weight limit. Kinda hard to do this time of year, though.