PDA

View Full Version : World Or National Titles

SGT ROCK
12-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I was reading on another forum and saw a quote from Louie that I had seen in the past, that does make some sense:

THE ONLY CLASS THAT MATTERS IS THE OPEN CLASS.

If you win a Masters world title I do feel it has alot of merit, but some of the sub divisons are getting out of control as there are so many.

Is the open the MOST coveted?

Is the open the ONLY important world title?

What about single lift world titles?

Semper Fi

RhodeHouse
12-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Louie is right. The only one that matters is the Open Class. The other classes are great for the lifters involved, but for the "show" of powerlifting, the open class is the only one that matters. And, I'll add that the heavy classes are the only ones that matter. 275 and above. People go to the circus to see the elephants, not the mice.

KarstenDD
12-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Louie is right. The only one that matters is the Open Class. The other classes are great for the lifters involved, but for the "show" of powerlifting, the open class is the only one that matters. And, I'll add that the heavy classes are the only ones that matter. 275 and above. People go to the circus to see the elephants, not the mice.

I know it's blasphemy, but at the bigger meets I would throw the 242s in there as well. Pretty much because of Kroc and Brian Carroll. So I guess not anymore.

Dingus
12-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Brian Carroll is a badass cause he cuts like 200 lbs for meets. Powerlifting is all about swords.

OneLiftOneKill
12-11-2008, 09:48 PM
The open is the most important and the one I respect the most.

The others are still important so people can compete.

The main thing I don't like about weight classes is it hurts peoples strength gains. People would rather compete at a lower weight class and be competitive, but gain strength slowly. Instead they could bulk up and gain strength at a faster pace.

RHarris
12-11-2008, 10:54 PM
I was reading on another forum and saw a quote from Louie that I had seen in the past, that does make some sense:

THE ONLY CLASS THAT MATTERS IS THE OPEN CLASS.

If you win a Masters world title I do feel it has alot of merit, but some of the sub divisons are getting out of control as there are so many.

Is the open the MOST coveted?

Is the open the ONLY important world title?

What about single lift world titles?

Semper Fi

The open DIVISION is indeed the division that counts for the real glory. CLASS on the other hand is a matter of character!

I figure that the main reason master divisions were created so meet directors could still keep getting entry fees from geezers like me who no longer had a chance in the open...LOL

Robert Harris
Las Vegas, NV

Kray-z
12-12-2008, 08:05 AM
The only classes that matter are 275 and up? Right, nobody thinks watching Mazza, Frey or Halbert bench is interesting? How about Chuck's 220 class squat? Panora, Conyers, Coan, Anello, Caprari, etc.... all boring because they aren't "elephants". No, all weight classes are interesting and sometimes the smaller guys do some amazing things that are quite entertaining. Also, I suppose you might as well throw out all female lifters too, even though they too do some amazing feats of strength. Ignorance.

RhodeHouse
12-12-2008, 08:36 AM
The only classes that matter are 275 and up? Right, nobody thinks watching Mazza, Frey or Halbert bench is interesting? How about Chuck's 220 class squat? Panora, Conyers, Coan, Anello, Caprari, etc.... all boring because they aren't "elephants". No, all weight classes are interesting and sometimes the smaller guys do some amazing things that are quite entertaining. Also, I suppose you might as well throw out all female lifters too, even though they too do some amazing feats of strength. Ignorance.

Who are you? So, like all internet trolls, you use the exceptions to prove the rule. Sure, there are great small lifters. They are the EXCEPTION to the rule. You'll take 5-6 great lifters and use those 5-6 to cover for ALL of the other tiny people that aren't fun to watch? And, I'm ignorant?

I have tremendous respect for anyone who powerlifts. But, this was about the open class being the cream of the crop as far as National or World titles. Don't be Johnny Nitpick, new guy.

I saw Chuck squat his 1025 at 220. Now, Chuck and Panora are 275's. Halbert has been a 275. Matt Kroc is moving up as well.

You may think I'm ignorant, but I'm right, and it bothers you. You must be one of the masses in the below 275 classes. Do something about it.

ehubbard
12-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Open is the only one that matters. Other than the fact that people like trophies, can someone please explain to me why there is even a Submaster class (33-39)? Isn't this the age when most lifters peak?

Ryano
12-12-2008, 11:12 AM
I think the divisions should be:
Teen- less than 20yoa
Open- 20-50 yoa
Master- 50 and up

classes:
lightweight- 0 to 200 lbs
medium- 200-300 lbs
hvys- 300 and up

No police/fire/military/internet

That said, I think Open is obviously the most prestigious. The victory means you beat everyone.

RhodeHouse
12-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Teen- less than 20yoa
Open- 20-50 yoa
Master- 50 and up

classes:
medium- 200-300 lbs
hvys- 300 and up

That said, I think Open is obviously the most prestigious. The victory means you beat everyone.

I think this is brilliant. Keep it simple and straight-forward. Me likey.

Matthew White
12-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I could have sworn strength sports aside from competing were about people becoming stronger and bettering themselves, as there isn't a whole lot of money in this game we all do it for something. I agree and disagree with alot of comments. When it comes to big meets, meets that are for money and glory, then the classes need to be minimized. For smaller events, throw out whatever the host holding the show wants to, they are the one doing the show. That makes more people want to compete, gets more interest in the sport overall, and helps overall growth and expansion of the sport.

accuFLEX
12-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I agree that classes need to be minimized. If anything, the number of classes between 150lbs and 200-ish lbs needs to be reduced

drew
12-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Teen- less than 20yoa
Open- 20-50 yoa
Master- 50 and up

classes:
medium- 200-300 lbs
hvys- 300 and up

I like this Idea. It keeps the competition up rather than continuing the trend of watering down divisions so that everyone wins.

Donnajo
12-12-2008, 12:21 PM
I like this Idea. It keeps the competition up rather than continuing the trend of watering down divisions so that everyone wins.

I kind of agree with that. I just started powerlifting this year so don't really know enough of how everything works to have an educated opinion. But as a general rule in any sport if you win because you have no competition it does not really mean anything, IMO. But also in this sport you if you are not a major contender it is nice because you can compete with yourself and reach new PR's and in a way that is winning so that is cool too.

OneLiftOneKill
12-12-2008, 01:50 PM

This is a forum where we get strong and help each other out. If you don't want to help out and make the community and yourself better then I suggest you go to bodybreaking.co...whocares. They seem to like putting each other down and like getting mad at each other.

If you are serious then this is the best forum to be at.

Ryano
12-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I think this is brilliant. Keep it simple and straight-forward. Me likey.

I thought you'd like this one Rhodes. Also, no 24 hour weigh ins. All weigh ins morning of meet. This will promote weight gain. That way, nobody will want to cut weight except a few near 200 or 300 lbs. Everyone will attempt to gain as much as possible to be in the top part of the class.

Detard
12-12-2008, 02:48 PM
I thought you'd like this one Rhodes. Also, no 24 hour weigh ins. All weigh ins morning of meet. This will promote weight gain. That way, nobody will want to cut weight except a few near 200 or 300 lbs. Everyone will attempt to gain as much as possible to be in the top part of the class.

+1

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Dingus
12-12-2008, 03:25 PM

They should get rid of weigh ins and just use the honor system.

Ryano
12-12-2008, 04:48 PM
They should get rid of weigh ins and just use the honor system.
That's part of the "Internet Federation". Not only is your weight on the "honor system" but so are your lifts.

The most honor is winning an open division title, lifting at the same weight you weighed in at. With 24 hour weigh ins, it's not only a lifting competition, but a weight cutting competition. I say, F&&k cutting weight, lift weight.

chris mason
12-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I have always been partial to the heavier weight classes as they have the biggest lifts.

Donnajo
12-12-2008, 05:33 PM
I have always been partial to the heavier weight classes as they have the biggest lifts.

They are truly exciting and impressive to watch.:)

JasonLift
12-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I am partial to heavier weights because I like to eat!

mastermonster
12-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Teen- less than 20yoa
Open- 20-50 yoa
Master- 50 and up

classes:
medium- 200-300 lbs
hvys- 300 and up

That would suit me fine. But I'll add this for those who don't think Masters Championships have any merit. About 90% of the open lifters out there couldn't beat the top over 50 Masters. You're looking at numbers like 2142 total, 931 squat, 716 bench (Ryano) and well over 700's deadlifts...not a bunch of feable old farts!

I think the better question is not wheather open, or master's, or women's World and National titles have more merit; but wheather so called World or National titles won in anything but the 'Major' truely international and national feds have any merit? When you call a 'regional meet' a World Championship, it's still just a 'regional meet'.

We definately have too many divisions, but we have way to many so called National and World Championships meets. In my opinion that's much worse than all of the divisions.

RhodeHouse
12-13-2008, 12:33 AM

No 24 hour weigh-ins. Even more brilliant.

BigTallOx
12-13-2008, 02:42 AM
Louie is right. The only one that matters is the Open Class. The other classes are great for the lifters involved, but for the "show" of powerlifting, the open class is the only one that matters. And, I'll add that the heavy classes are the only ones that matter. 275 and above.

I agree, for the "show" of powerlifting. But for those of us who started this sport later in life, the other classes make it so we can still compete. I hope you aren't suggesting these classes shouldn't exist, I think that would be bad for the sport.

JasonLift
12-13-2008, 07:08 AM

I agree with this and also think it should apply to Boxing and MMA too. I am so tired of seeing these guys fight at 170 (or where ever) when they walk around at 200 pounds come fight time (like Anthony Johnson). Be a man and fight what you weigh.

Travis Bell
12-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Cutting weight is certainly an art. I for one don't have the knack for it. Plus I really just hate cutting LOL. So I just usually end up being a 275

As for the classes, I used to compete in the Junior class, but after a year or two I realized that nobody cared that I had such and such american records, state records or whatever. My second multiply meet I took the american junior bench record, but that was also the first meet I decided to just go in the open class LOL. I like it better that way. Open class is where the top competition is at anyways. I love pitting myself against the best in powerlifting.

OGROK
12-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Is the open class the same as the SHW class or can any lifter compete in open?

RhodeHouse
12-13-2008, 06:20 PM
I agree, for the "show" of powerlifting. But for those of us who started this sport later in life, the other classes make it so we can still compete. I hope you aren't suggesting these classes shouldn't exist, I think that would be bad for the sport.

I never once even came close to mentioning that the other classes shouldn't matter. In fact, I already addressed this point. The title of the thread is about what's more important, World or National Titles? Louie Simmons commented that the only class that matters is the open. What he meant was, the open class is the only one that people truly recognize. All classes are great. This sport is too small to not include certain people. But, when it comes to what matters, the open class matters and the 275 and above are the most recognized and most coveted. Nobody gets into lifting weights and says, "I wanna stay skinny." Most think, "I wanna get big like that guy."

I'm not being a jerk. It;'s the truth.

SGT ROCK
12-13-2008, 09:00 PM
I never once even came close to mentioning that the other classes shouldn't matter. In fact, I already addressed this point. The title of the thread is about what's more important, World or National Titles? Louie Simmons commented that the only class that matters is the open. What he meant was, the open class is the only one that people truly recognize. All classes are great. This sport is too small to not include certain people. But, when it comes to what matters, the open class matters and the 275 and above are the most recognized and most coveted. Nobody gets into lifting weights and says, "I wanna stay skinny." Most think, "I wanna get big like that guy."

Rhodes has a good point, I am NOT a super heavy competitor, but the average fan does seem to relate easier to a heavy guy lifting heavy weights. All of us vertan PLers appreciate the lighter guys, but for the average fan it is harder for them to relate. I started as a 148er and would never dream of wanting to get rid of the lighter classes, but the heavier classes get more glory as they should, like it or not it is just the way it is. More of the sponsorships seem to go the way of the bigger lifters to help make a point.

Semper Fi

Dingus
12-13-2008, 11:30 PM
I agree with this and also think it should apply to Boxing and MMA too. I am so tired of seeing these guys fight at 170 (or where ever) when they walk around at 200 pounds come fight time (like Anthony Johnson). Be a man and fight what you weigh.

I think cutting weight is cool, probably cause I am fat and have never had to do it. I don't think cutting weight makes you any less of a man, anyone can just show up and compete, but the guys that spend 24 of the 48 hours before a competition in hell have my respect.

BTW my buddy Andy Jones cut down for a USAPL meet, he had about 2 hours from weigh in until he had to begin warming up for the squat, he weighed in at 231 and competed at 240, so anyone that thinks getting rid of the 24 hour weigh in will correct this is wrong, salt is king.

Chris Rodgers
12-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Rhodes has a good point, I am NOT a super heavy competitor, but the average fan does seem to relate easier to a heavy guy lifting heavy weights. All of us vertan PLers appreciate the lighter guys, but for the average fan it is harder for them to relate. I started as a 148er and would never dream of wanting to get rid of the lighter classes, but the heavier classes get more glory as they should, like it or not it is just the way it is. More of the sponsorships seem to go the way of the bigger lifters to help make a point.

Semper Fi

It's funny you put it that way because I thought the opposite. The "average" fan can't really relate to someone being 300+ lbs of freak. They can relate to the guy who looks normal in a T-shirt. Then they are like wow, that skinny bastard just lifted all that weight. It comes down to the old guys being biased towards the Masters stuff, the fatties biased to the fatties, the skinny bastards being biased towards the skinny bastards. To me, if you get in there and try your hardest, than I'll love to see you on the platform. Whether that lift is 100 lbs or 1,000.

I like seeing monster lifts out of freaks like Caslow and Frankl, just as much as the super freaks of Thompson, Chuck V and the other 275+ guys.

I do, however, agree that the open records/titles should be the most recognized and desired titles.

Ryano
12-14-2008, 05:19 AM
BTW my buddy Andy Jones cut down for a USAPL meet, he had about 2 hours from weigh in until he had to begin warming up for the squat, he weighed in at 231 and competed at 240, so anyone that thinks getting rid of the 24 hour weigh in will correct this is wrong, salt is king.

That's not the same as someone weighing in at 242 and lifting at 265. I was recently at a meet where a guy weighed in at 275 and lifted at 295. Those were on 24 hour weigh ins.

Hazerboy
12-15-2008, 01:54 AM
24 hour weigh ins in wrestling are what have caused a few deaths, and pushed the high school and collegiate levels to move to 2 hour weigh ins (hell, if it were up to me we'd put the scale on the side of the mat, weigh in, shake hands and wrestle!). I doubt powerlifting would have the some problems, though I'm for morning weigh ins anyways.

I think if the sport ever starts to garner more competitors or fewer federations, there will be more of a need for weight classes and divisions, though nonetheless what we have now is still excessive. Go to any local meet and just about everybody walks home with a trophy for SOMETHING, whether it be your weight class, age class, open, etc...

BigTallOx
12-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I never once even came close to mentioning that the other classes shouldn't matter. In fact, I already addressed this point.

We are in agreement ( yet I still sense hostility from you).

=Travis=
12-15-2008, 10:03 AM

LOL - maybe he's just a hostile guy. What do you want him to do, pat you on teh back and tell you that you're cool?

RhodeHouse
12-15-2008, 10:03 AM

The Force is strong with this one.

Tom Mutaffis
12-15-2008, 10:16 AM
To me I think you have to look at your competition and what the title really means...

In Powerlifting it can be complicated because there are so many federations and in some cases a number of variables (drug tested / non tested, types of gear allowed, judging of depth on squats or pauses on bench, etc.).

If you are going after a record that has been standing for a while, in a competitive federation, and with similar variables to the person who broke it - then that is very impressive. When someone breaks a record set by a dominant powerlifter from another era that means a lot. To me the total records are especially impressive because that shows a well rounded competitor.

I have only done one PL meet and I broke a Junior National Record - it was APA and honest I could beat that number by at least 75 lbs now so it is not that impressive to me (a year later).

In strongman I have won a National Championship and to me that was a huge achievement. In this sport you compete in local contests to qualify for Nationals, in a lighter show with less competitors only the winner of their weight class or sometimes top 2 will qualify. In a regional contest or one with very challenging weights then sometimes top 3 in each weight class qualify (normally they need 10 people in that class in order to allow this). From there you have anywhere from 15-40 guys who show up at Nationals who have all won their local contests. Funny thing is that a guy who may have won 2-3 contests that year and is the strongest guy in his state will come in 20th in the country. When I won Nationals I beat out 22 other state and local champions. After looking at their stats that field had combined to win over 50 contests that year, and yet on that day I came out ahead of all of them. For me that was huge.

My next big contest was in a higher weight class and 25 competitors showed up. I ended up in 7th place at that one and although I wish I had done better, was still happy with the performance considering who I had lost to (One was a former HW Winner, another became a Pro Strongman the next month, one was another National Champion from the prior year, one international competitor who was 2nd in Canada's Strongest Man, and another who coninually comes in top 3 at every national level contest - I was the lightest of the group and outweighed by 5-20 lbs by all of them). It is all about who you are matched up with.

I wish that Powerlifting had one united federation that brought together all champions to crown one "national champion" for each lift and the total.

Open titles are most coveted but you can't take away from the guys who are putting up huge numbers in raw, drug tested, or teen / masters classes either.

That's my take on the subject...

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
12-15-2008, 12:00 PM
The only world title that matters to me is the IPF WORLD BP CHAMPIONSHIP because it's the most prestigious Open World Championship and member federations from over 100 countries located on six continents.

RhodeHouse
12-15-2008, 08:23 PM
The only world title that matters to me is the IPF WORLD BP CHAMPIONSHIP because it's the most prestigious Open World Championship and member federations from over 100 countries located on six continents.

Who's the IPF World Bench Champion? I know Ryan Kennelly is the greatest bencher in the history of the world. Does he lift IPF?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
12-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Who's the IPF World Bench Champion? I know Ryan Kennelly is the greatest bencher in the history of the world. Does he lift IPF?
The current 220lb class IPF World Bench Championship is Tim Anderson. I competed against him at the Sept 1st USAPL Bp Nationals in NC. Again, the most prestigious world open bp title and record is the IPF!! Just ask Mike Lambert, Ed Coan, Captain Kirk, James Henderson, Rickey D. Crain, Brian Siders, Wade Hooper,Mike Bridges, Dennis Cieri, Brad Gillingham, etc.

RhodeHouse
12-16-2008, 09:59 AM
I thought Ryan Kennelly, Scot Mendelson, Gene Rychlak, and Rob Luyando were the best benchers in the world. Their numbers say they are. I'm pretty sure they have all held or currently hold a WR. I had no clue any of those other guys held records. Probably because it's the 220lb class. You know how I can't see below the 275's. Good stuff.

RhodeHouse
12-16-2008, 03:06 PM
You have no idea Ed Coan deadlifted 901@220?(thats stupid)

Captain Kirk was a 242+ guy.

James Henderson was a heavyweight who benched 700 raw.

Rickey D. Crain pulled over 700 at 165.

Brian Siders is a super and hit over 2500 in a single ply(walking it out). And yes he is a heavyweight.

I usually agree with you. Not this time.

So, you disagree with me on the fact that I didn't know these guys held WR's? I can tell you for sure, that I did not know these guys held WR's.

PriestCometh
12-16-2008, 03:22 PM
So, you disagree with me on the fact that I didn't know these guys held WR's? I can tell you for sure, that I did not know these guys held WR's.

I apoligize. I just got back on the track we had awhile back about heavies and lighter folks. And that peoples numbers go up when they gain weight.
I get these people at my gym who will skip assistance and complain that they need to gain weight to get a boost in theyre bench. How about train hard, That might do the trick.

I completly read J.T.s post and I cant possibly fathom how this guy
thinks that they have the best lifters.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
12-17-2008, 06:23 AM
I completly read J.T.s post and I cant possibly fathom how this guy
thinks that they have the best lifters.

I think our definition for the best lifters are different. For example: I think Tim Anderson is the best 220lb bp on the planet because he is the current IPF World Bp Championship. Is he the strongest compared the rest of the pool of bp. No, he is not the strongest. You have lifters that can bp more than 800lb in the 220 class, but Tim Anderson bp 640.

There are probably more than 50 different world championship, but the most prestigious is the IPF Open World Championship. That's just the fact.

I believe in order to be the best, you must beat the best. So, my goal is to beat Tim Anderson under IPF rules.

Someone might be thinking why won't Tim Anderson come and compete under non IPF Rules. The answer is probably the same reason for a lifter that bp more than 800 lbs in the 220 class won't compete under IPF rules.

I hope this clarify my point.

RhodeHouse
12-17-2008, 12:17 PM
I think our definition for the best lifters are different. For example: I think Tim Anderson is the best 220lb bp on the planet because he is the current IPF World Bp Championship. Is he the strongest compared the rest of the pool of bp. No, he is not the strongest. You have lifters that can bp more than 800lb in the 220 class, but Tim Anderson bp 640.

There are probably more than 50 different world championship, but the most prestigious is the IPF Open World Championship. That's just the fact.
I believe in order to be the best, you must beat the best. So, my goal is to beat Tim Anderson under IPF rules.

Someone might be thinking why won't Tim Anderson come and compete under non IPF Rules. The answer is probably the same reason for a lifter that bp more than 800 lbs in the 220 class won't compete under IPF rules.

I hope this clarify my point.

I was unaware of this FACT. Interesting?

You can want to beat whoever you choose to compete against, but to declare the IPF as the most prestigious as FACT, is just plain dumb.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
12-17-2008, 12:50 PM
I was unaware of this FACT. Interesting?

You can want to beat whoever you choose to compete against, but to declare the IPF as the most prestigious as FACT, is just plain dumb.

What do you think is the most prestigious Open World Championship?

Pete22
12-17-2008, 01:04 PM
What do you think is the most prestigious Open World Championship?

I think Kennelly's 1,074 is pretty damn prestigious. How about Mark Bell's recent 805 in single-ply at a USPF meet.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
12-17-2008, 01:11 PM
I think Kennelly's 1,074 is pretty damn prestigious. How about Mark Bell's recent 805 in single-ply at a USPF meet.

The question is about the most prestigious Open World Championship!

OneLiftOneKill
12-17-2008, 01:15 PM
I think most think the WPO because it has Ryan Kennelly in it.

EDIT: Kennelly, Andy Bolton and more are in the WPO. The 1075 was done there so it is definitely the WPO being the most prestigious for open.

http://www.worldpowerlifting.org/index.cfm?page=competitors.cfm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Kennelly

1300 5 board press but failed for Kennelly. I wonder when he should stop pushing his bone density without knowing his raw bench.

Travis Bell
12-17-2008, 01:27 PM
The WPO doesn't exist any longer.

Kennelly lifts in the UPA, APA and Pride currently. Bolton lifts in the WPC/BPC

Dingus
12-17-2008, 01:27 PM
I can't think of anything more boring than single ply bench only. Donnie Thompsons 910 bench in a full meet is extremely impressive. Kennelly, Rychlak, Mendelson, Meeker are the best bench only guys, prestigious? Who cares people know who they are and they lift massive weights.

My favorite bench only guy is Karsten Luca.

OneLiftOneKill
12-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Well if the WPO is no more then I guess it is back to no main open organization.

Raw, IPF, and heavy geared all clash heads and I have never seen a clear cut answer come from any of these types of threads.

The best powerlifting federation is like fighting over if chocolate, vanilla, or caramel is better.

Chocolate = Heavy geared, no drug test

Caramel = IPF

Vanilla = Raw

Vanilla is boring to some, but some like vanilla because it is not overpowering. Caramel is just not strong enough for some, but caramel is the perfect balance for others. Chocolate is much too strong and rich for some, but some want to go all out like it is the last day of their life.

There is never a clear cut answer because everyone is different.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
12-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Well if the WPO is no more then I guess it is back to no main open organization.

Raw, IPF, and heavy geared all clash heads and I have never seen a clear cut answer come from any of these types of threads.

The best powerlifting federation is like fighting over if chocolate, vanilla, or caramel is better.

Chocolate = Heavy geared, no drug test

Caramel = IPF

Vanilla = Raw

Vanilla is boring to some, but some like vanilla because it is not overpowering. Caramel is just not strong enough for some, but caramel is the perfect balance for them. Chocolate is much too strong and rich for some, but some want to go all out like it is the last day of their life.

There is never a clear cut answer because everyone is different.

I like your analogy!

For the record, I have no problems/issue with the chocolate or vanilla:)

The reason I think IPF is the most prestigious because it has stood the test of times. IPF has been around since 1972, comprised of member federations from over 100 countries located on six continents, member federation of the World Games, qualifier for the Arnold Classic, the lifter represent Team USA, the lifter must win his/her national championship to qualify,etc.

I guess I might be a little biased because I want to to compete in the IPF Open Bp Championship.

KarstenDD
12-17-2008, 04:30 PM
The WPO doesn't exist any longer.

Kennelly lifts in the UPA, APA and Pride currently. Bolton lifts in the WPC/BPC

Well apparently at WPC worlds they brought the WPO format back some. I believe that it was basically just the regular meet but there were cash prizes for the WPO weight classes.

My favorite bench only guy is Karsten Luca.

O'DOYLE RULES

Travis Bell
12-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Well apparently at WPC worlds they brought the WPO format back some. I believe that it was basically just the regular meet but there were cash prizes for the WPO weight classes.

Until KK pays off the money he still owes, the WPO will be dead. That was the biggest fault of the whole thing. He never paid anyone the money they won.

KarstenDD
12-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Until KK pays off the money he still owes, the WPO will be dead. That was the biggest fault of the whole thing. He never paid anyone the money they won.

I know.

I know.

OneLiftOneKill
12-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Why not get the money from him Tony Montana style.