PDA

View Full Version : instinct

johnny123
04-04-2002, 06:41 PM
i guess all the calorie counting, and dieting in general im getting a little bunrt out, and bummed out. i know there are the general rules that apply with dieting, and then individual factors that come into play. but im thinking for my own sanity, and making more room for other things in life im just going to eat sensibly and instinctively. i sometimes work for a few days in a row sometimes 12-15 hours a day and a commute, im stuck with eating whats on a film/tv/commercial set, which is generally good, with alot of crap as well. i cant afford to bring a days worth of food, especially when im gone sometimes 20 hours at a clip. im going to keep my training/cardio the same, although i have to be flexible with that as well, and just see what comes of it. anyone ever have the same feelings about dieting(and even training), especially when you have an unpredictable schedule? thanks for letting me vent.

syntekz
04-04-2002, 07:26 PM
I'm in the same boat. Ever since I joined the real world. Makes you realize that there are other things that are important as well.

InferiorDesign
04-04-2002, 07:29 PM
man i gave up my diet. i just limit junk food and eat a crapload of protein and stuff, who knows i could be eating like 7k calories a day or 2k, i couldnt take it anymore

johnny123
04-04-2002, 07:41 PM
thanks for replying guys. although im always glad to see people happy with the dedication to the very last detail in BBing, its good to see other people in the same boat as me. pushing the big "3-0" doesnt make things any easier!

captain piddles
04-04-2002, 08:00 PM
I think as long as your close its ok, as long as your in the ball park your doing good, the bodys prossesses are slow to begin with and forcing change on it is a form of shock, we are so used to eating when we want and what we want that when there is any change from the bodys routine the body will fight to set things back to the routine, I have a problem with bingeing, at certain times I will just start eating and cant stop, I am trying to arange my workouts so that after a grueling high volume workout I can allow myself to binge but on high protein and low fat foods,its still bad to binge but want to use it to my advantage and not let it hurt my efforts, I used to count calories but I gave up trying to control them, I wish it we possible to eat they way I should but its not going to happen, right now rather than worrie about the amount of calories I am letting my body decide that but I am controling what is being consumed