PDA

View Full Version : In the middle of a cut, please give advice on my w/o!

4g64fiero
12-15-2008, 09:41 PM
First of all thanks for any assistance. I;ve been tracking what I've been eating on fitday and changing my intake of calories daily(2100kcal, then 2600kcal, the 3100kcal) to keep my body from getting used to less food. I was eating about 3200 kcals a day. I'm at 22% BF and 208lbs right now and thats just too high for my taste. I dont mind weighing alot, thats the objective, but I would like to get down to 10% Bf by june. Besides I'm not competitive at all at this weight. I figure if I lose a 1lb a week it would be possible to get to 10% bf.

Here is my weekly w/o in a nutshell:

On tuesdays(the day I start)
warmup sets on bench=
155x10
185x3
225x1
275x1

ME bench
305x3 for 3 sets (85-95%of my max)
Sometimes I'll do decline first because that seems to help my max the most.
I'll do decline with the most weight I can stand for 3-5 reps for 3 sets
Then I will finish with incline with same logic, 3-5 reps with the most weight I can use.

Then I'll so some skull crushers or dips and other triceps excersises, I just try to make sure its diferant all the time.

Wednsesdays(ME squats)
I warmup for squats the same as bench with just a little more weight.
3x3 345 (85-95%)
SLDLs 8 reps for 2 sets of 245 (this goes up everyweek). I;m thinking about doing good mornings instead.
calf raises 20x3

Thurs off( I run 400m sprints with time rests while I do pushups and situps)

friday(shoulders/DE chest)
3x8 sets 50-60% of my max bench w/ 1 min rests
Most the time I split those sets up between incline/decline/bench

over head barbell press 3x8
kettle bell swings( seems to target my shoulders real well, I use these in place of front dumbell raises)3x8
side lateral dumbell raises 3x8

Saturday(DEsquats/deadlifts)
I do deadlifts first.

Deadlifts 3-5x4 sets heavy
Squats 3reps x 8 sets 50% of my max squat with 1 min rest

Lat pull downs 3x8
rows 3x8

sun off

Mon off(just 20 min jog before breakfast)

Tom Mutaffis
12-16-2008, 07:39 AM
So you are doing a powerlifting routine but working toward a bodybuilding-related goal?

Diet is going to be the most important factor here, not your training (as long as you are not overtraining - and are at least training a couple of days per week to stimulate muscle growth).

For optimal hypertrophy and bodyfat losses you would want to incorporate some higher rep, higher volume, lower intensity work as well as low intensity cardio sessions ranging from 20-30 minutes a few times per week.

The bodybuilding or nutrition forums would be a good place to gather additional info.

accuFLEX
12-16-2008, 07:47 AM
To be honest, itís going to be very tough to get to 10% BFÖitís not simply a matter of dropping x # of pounds.

Letís say for simplicity sake you start Jan 1, 2009. Thatís about 20 weeks until June 1st. Iíd do my first cut for 9 weeks, and then take 2 weeks ďoffĒ, then another 9 week cut.

Personally, I think manipulating your calorie intake by ~200 cals is going to be completely useless in the long run. Keep it consistent.

Iíve found doing cuts longer than 8-10 weeks donít really do much in terms of fat loss, not to mention theyíre really draining both mentally and physically.

Kenny Croxdale
12-16-2008, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=4g64fiero;2056398]First of all thanks for any assistance. I;ve been tracking what I've been eating on fitday and changing my intake of calories daily(2100kcal, then 2600kcal, the 3100kcal) to keep my body from getting used to less food. I was eating about 3200 kcals a day. I'm at 22% BF and 208lbs right now and thats just too high for my taste. I dont mind weighing alot, thats the objective, but I would like to get down to 10% Bf by june. Besides I'm not competitive at all at this weight. I figure if I lose a 1lb a week it would be possible to get to 10% bf. QUOTE]

"To do two things at once, is to do neither." Today's term for it is "Multi-Taskling"...doing more than one thing at the same time and it VERY ENFICIENT! http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2001/aug/multitasking/080601multitasking.html

Focus on one thing. Being approximately 22% body fat, would mean focusing on cutting body fat. That means performing a "Metabolic" workout, one that jacks up your metabolism for hours after your workout.

A resitance/weght training program that increases your metabolism is one in which your rest periods are kept to 60 seconds or less, you repetitions are 8-12, with about 3-4 sets per exercise.

That program in addition to a good diet will pretty much strip it off you. As
accuFLEX stated in his post, getting to 10% is tough.

Once you've dropped the weight, you can go back to you strength training program.

Also, dropping down ot 10% means your strength is going to drop, as well.

Kenny Croxdale

4g64fiero
12-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks alot for the replies, I will adjust accordingly. I had read somewhere to keep lifting heavy and to just cut calories. I gotta find where I read that! lol