PDA

View Full Version : UD2 & Not Following Split?

ZenMonkey
12-15-2008, 10:25 PM
So, if I understand it correctly I can still reach a ketogenic state even if I dont follow the split Lyle McDonald suggests. The split is maximize results of the diet. Is this correct?

deeder
12-15-2008, 10:32 PM
So, if I understand it correctly I can still reach a ketogenic state even if I dont follow the split Lyle McDonald suggests. The split is maximize results of the diet. Is this correct?

Yup, there's always more than one way to skin a cat. A guy on another forum I post at is diabetic and uses his insulin to quickly deplete glycogen and get in to a state of ketosis overnight.

One idea might be to only do a carb load every 10 days or even every 14 days. That way you don't have to worry if it takes a day or two longer to get in to a state of ketosis.

Unreal
12-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Read the book and go from there. I would follow the split and consider it all one big program. If you aren't taking depleteing and aren't taking advantage of the carb load during the power days then what is the point. That would basically just be a eat almost nothing for a few days/binge diet if you aren't following it as written.

Auburn
12-17-2008, 05:54 PM
It's going to be hard to fully deplete muscle glycogen with lower-rep weightlifting movements. Lyle's refeed numbers are predicated on full-body depletion, so you may need to adjust timeline or amount.