PDA

View Full Version : Some deadlifting help

BFGUITAR
12-15-2008, 10:43 PM
I am thinking of starting a routine that can help my deadlift. I am thinking of incorporating heavy rackpulls on one day and light deficit deads on another. Have any of you tried a deadlift specific routine?

My biggest problem is arching of my upper back, that needs the most work. Any suggestions on a routine that can help me specifically?

deeder
12-15-2008, 10:45 PM
I am thinking of starting a routine that can help my deadlift. I am thinking of incorporating heavy rackpulls on one day and light deficit deads on another. Have any of you tried a deadlift specific routine?

My biggest problem is arching of my upper back, that needs the most work. Any suggestions on a routine that can help me specifically?

Why not both on the same day? Go check out some Sheiko programs. He seems to like working deficit deads or deads only up to the knees then rack pulls after.

BFGUITAR
12-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Why not both on the same day? Go check out some Sheiko programs. He seems to like working deficit deads or deads only up to the knees then rack pulls after.

I was thinking maybe more frequency and less volume might do the trick. I will look up sheiko, ill be back with questions.

BFGUITAR
12-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Are there any links you could hook me up with? Is it a book? A routine that can be found online?

deeder
12-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Here's a good place to start: http://www.elitefts.com/sheiko/

BFGUITAR
12-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Awesome! Number 29 it is, I will come back with more questions

TJM
12-17-2008, 06:40 AM
I've done the routine stefan solvi and benedikt magnusson posted
http://powerandbulk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5432
It's really simple and it works.

fpr
12-17-2008, 02:01 PM
The November issue of PowerliftingUSA magazine has a deadlift specialized routine in it.

BFGUITAR
12-18-2008, 02:45 PM
I am confused about sheiko number 29... I assume the first number is the number of reps and the second is sets? eg 10x3 for abs

As well, I don't see how I get any stronger after a month... I can do all of what it says already.
And does deadlift from boxes mean rackpulls or am I standing on a box while deadlifting?

And deadlift untill knees? So do I just stop at the knees and go back down? Should I set up the rack so I hit the pins on the way up?

BFGUITAR
12-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Sorry for all the questions, but I don't see the gains in the routine. By the end I am lifting a bit heavier with changed up reps/sets. Like on #37 I am doing 80% of my max. 3 reps for 5 sets on the last week as my heaviest. I can do that easily right now... I think.

Am I missing something?