PDA

View Full Version : Out of whey and carbogain

berfles
12-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Since DPS has been sucky lately and slow I probably won't even have any for tomorrow either. I have been depending on those two supplements to make shakes with, and I'm mainly worried about PWO. I'm not sure what a good source of protein for post workout is. I'm going to have to find a hell of a lot more real food to eat in the next two days without my shakes.

I suppose as long as I eat things with a decent ratio of protein and carbs after my workout I should be fine for the two days.

jtrink
12-16-2008, 03:00 PM
try working in some dairy after lifting, I think the ratio in milk is 80% casein and 20% whey. I also eat loads of peanut butter.

RhodeHouse
12-16-2008, 03:09 PM
There's a million discount supplement sites on the net. Try looking for another site to get what you need.

Dairy is not great for post-workout.

berfles
12-16-2008, 04:04 PM
There's a million discount supplement sites on the net. Try looking for another site to get what you need.

Dairy is not great for post-workout.

My order from them just shipped, so I guess I'll have it tomorrow.

I know milk and whatnot isn't great for port workout so I'll just have to try *GASP* real food for today and some of tomorrow. Whatever I can throw in the oven will work I guess, one day of less than optimal PWO food won't kill me I suppose.

I have a tiny bit of each supplement left so I'll throw that in and just eat two more meals.

Reko
12-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Whats wrong with real food?

jtrink
12-16-2008, 06:45 PM
my bad, i got my pre and post mixed up, usually i drink milk with my shake/food for pre workout, and water and simple carbs post workout.

berfles
12-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Whats wrong with real food?

Nothing, I just tend to drink a lot of my calories. I'll have to try this real food stuff.

Unreal
12-17-2008, 08:52 AM
2 days is nothing anyways. Just eat something with protein and carbs. Go get a buritto from Chipotle or something.

accuFLEX
12-17-2008, 10:14 AM
2 days isn't going to make a difference at all...and from what Iíve been reading, PWO meals arenít really fully understood.

Eat some protein and carbs.

anonymous1
12-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Sometimes I am completely hardcore about diet, sometimes not...and it really doesn't seem to matter. It's weird cuz I'll be pounding down 5000 cals and not gain anything, then get sick of it and need to take a break for a week or so and gain 2-3lbs. Science is great because it makes sense, but real life usually doesn't.