PDA

View Full Version : Unique Bulking Situation

Franco/TGM
12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Alright, here goes.

I need to bulk. However, I'm a bit of a picky eater and not a cook, at all. I know, picky eaters are the devil, and I'm working on it, but I'd rather enjoy eating rather than associating it with just shoving it down by throat to get the kcals necessary to get bigger.

I'm looking to avoid:

Shake recipes (Already have mine)
Tuna fish (Can't stand it)
Cream cheese
Peanut Butter (No idea why)

Other than that, anything. I REALLY appreciate any and all suggestions. A word, a recipe, a dish, anything. Thanks again. :)

Holto
12-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Fat is 9 cals per gram, protein and carbs are 4. If you're going to go heavy on fat, it won't raise your blood sugar like going heavy on carb's will.

This could mean everything from nuts and seeds, to creme cheese etc. I've been whipping 35% cream with a stick blender and mixing it with fruity yogurt and a fruity protein powder, the result is delicious and could be crazy high in cals if you use more whipping cream.

Franco/TGM
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
I should add cream cheese to the me no likey list.

I really do have weird tastes. Maybe it'll change with age.

Thanks for the ideas, Holto.

Big Jay
12-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Iím a picky eater too... I stick with plain tastes:
Milk
Peanuts
Pasta
Rice
Yogurts
Porridge
Bread
Beans
Salmon
Chicken
etc
You should go to a supermarket and just walk up and down the aisles seein what you think you would like.

RhodeHouse
12-16-2008, 03:12 PM
You won't do well with the "I don't want to shove food in my face" attitude. Gaining weight is not fun nor is it easy. That's why there are a million tiny, little guys out there and not many jacked dudes.

Learn to cook. It's not hard. Don't make excuses for not being able to achieve your goals.

When you learn to eat it, you'll make some progress.

Franco/TGM
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks to both.

Rhode - While I don't want to sound like that guy asking for advice and then disregarding it.. I'm just looking for options. I frankly am ignorant, hence my question in this forum. I figured before doing something I wouldn't like I'd ask to see if a better route was open. Thanks again, words of advice from strong lifters like you is why I visit here.

Jay -

Good ideas, thanks. I will. When going to the market, should I look for certain things, avoid certain things?

Big Jay
12-16-2008, 03:33 PM
You won't do well with the "I don't want to shove food in my face" attitude. Gaining weight is not fun nor is it easy. That's why there are a million tiny, little guys out there and not many jacked dudes.

True. Even if u get foods u like... ur gonna get to a stage where u gotta force urself to eat more than you stomach wants.