PDA

View Full Version : Bench shirt I can put on MYSELF

cookiemonster
12-17-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm primarily a bodybuilder who is "dabbling" in power lifting and thinking of trying a bench shirt (primarily for support of heavier weights I'm now moving and not so much for bigger numbers). A friend of mine with a similar build had me try on his INZER Blast shirt after helping me get in on for about 5 minutes.

The thing is, I mostly train alone but use a spotter for my heavier work. I need a shirt I can get on and off myself. I do not have a brand preference, but I'd just like to get a little extra support and be able to get in and out of it on my own (probably by having one bigger than I need). I realize I would not get the full benefits from a bigger shirt, but I don't have a dedicated partner to help me out all the time.

Any suggestions from someone who has a similar situation?

Dingus
12-17-2008, 01:32 PM
If you don't have a training partner I wouldn't suggest using a shirt at all. Even a blast.

drew
12-17-2008, 01:45 PM
If you're not going to compete, you don't need a shirt.
If you want to use a shirt, you should really have a training partner with you.
If you insist on using a shirt without a training partner, make sure to bench in the power rack and set the pins just below where you're going to touch so you don't kill yourself. Get a Blast and cut it up the back. You should easily be able to get into and out of it by yourself.

Brian Hopper
12-17-2008, 02:25 PM
I agree, if you are training by yourself then I wouldn't recommend using a shirt.

cookiemonster
12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Fair enough. I'd just like some shoulder support since 3 months ago I was stuck at 295# max and now I'm at 325. I was just wondering if I ordered one of the "stretchy-back" shirts like TITAN offers in a size or two larger if I could get it on without someone helping me. I do use a spotter on heavy sets on a standard bench or I set pins on the power rack when I can't find someone to spot me some nights.

Ryano
12-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I have Titan shirts that I can get on without help. But it you aren't looking for "bigger numbers", why wear a shirt at all?

banger
12-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Do a search on YouTube for Mike Tuscherer's 7 part video log on
putting a shirt on by yourself. I haven't tried it, but he does it
step-by-step and he sure makes it look easy. He even goes over
how to get it off.

Kim