PDA

View Full Version : 665 Deadlift for a double Video

Erik 23
12-17-2008, 10:48 PM
I am still doing the Coan Phillipi Deadlift routine so this is i think its week 5 or 6 of the program.

I was really sore from squats, so i had to take this set slow off the ground.

I actually was so sore i pulled all sets leading up to this one sumo.

Then i got to 585 and realized oh snap i dont know how to really pull sumo lol.

I cant get any leg drive sumo so i had to go back to conventional for this one.Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QICZitHysIo&feature=channel_page

Travis Bell
12-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Here, I'll help ya out

QICZitHysIo

Ben Moore
12-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Looked pretty solid bud!

Erik 23
12-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Looked pretty solid bud!

Thanx Ben.Thanx also Travis i dont know how to embedd a video thats why i didnt do that lol.I also gotta learn how to edit my videos like you do so i can put more then one set on the video.

Travis Bell
12-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Its pretty easy once you get a program that you're acclimated with. I have a couple different ones on my computer that I use that make my life a lot easier. I edit a TON of videos though so it makes it worth my while to have a good program.

most PCs come with Microsoft Movie maker (if you're running windows) that is pretty easy to figure out

Erik 23
12-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Its pretty easy once you get a program that you're acclimated with. I have a couple different ones on my computer that I use that make my life a lot easier. I edit a TON of videos though so it makes it worth my while to have a good program.

most PCs come with Microsoft Movie maker (if you're running windows) that is pretty easy to figure out

Oh i see you have a editing program.I might have movie maker i gotta check i have Windows Vista so i dont know if like windows xp and windows vista have most of the same programs.Thanx again

Brian Hopper
12-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Man that looked easy, the only thing i would say is to lose the sweat pants and wear some shorts of some kind. to me, it looked like it got caught on at the top. but other then that, it was a solid lift!

AJL11
12-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Flew up! Good $hi+.......

chris mason
12-18-2008, 11:08 AM
You are such a strong guy, but your form is always a touch off. Like someone else said, that comes up from the floor like NOTHING, but you seem to hitch a bit near the top.

You are such a strong guy I think you could be world class with some tweaking. I really wish we could get you to Westside to train there regularly.

OneLiftOneKill
12-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Looking strong

-JM-
12-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Went up FAST. Brilliant.

Ryan Celli
12-18-2008, 03:58 PM
looked good to me. maybe loose the sweats.

Buccos1
12-18-2008, 05:59 PM
That looked real strong!

vdizenzo
12-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Great strength. Well done.

Pete22
12-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Good stuff man, very strong.

Lunar Effect
12-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Awesome lift...

BigTallOx
12-18-2008, 09:26 PM
You're strong. Watch the hitching (unless you don't compete in powerlifting).

Ben Moore
12-18-2008, 09:31 PM
looked good to me. maybe loose the sweats.

I was thinking the same - looked like he just got caught on the sweats.

Erik 23
12-19-2008, 02:47 PM
You are such a strong guy, but your form is always a touch off. Like someone else said, that comes up from the floor like NOTHING, but you seem to hitch a bit near the top.

You are such a strong guy I think you could be world class with some tweaking. I really wish we could get you to Westside to train there regularly.

Hey Everyone thanx for the comments.Sorry i havent responded, my internet wasnt working yesterday and i just now seen the comments.

Yeah i will lose the sweat pants and just wear shorts maybe it will go up better,It does kinda get stuck i think thats whats making me hitch cause i never used to have a problem at the top.

My lockout was always the strongest point of my deadlift,but i always used to use shorts also so maybe that is why i have to hitch.And thanx Chris for the kind words.

It would be great to train at westside.If i could find a good job up there then i think i might just move.I for the time being am planning on driving down there once or twice a month once i get things settled down a little bit.

I really want to get my training together i feel like i have so much potential but like you said chris my form is off, and yes i do need to fix this that is one of the reasons i come here and post all these videos and ask all these questions Lol :).This Site is a great resource for people everywhere who need help from the best in the game.

evilxxx
12-19-2008, 03:27 PM

I agree, seems like that could easily be well over 700 with a bit better technique. maybe get your butt lower? obviously you got the strength.

HP666
12-19-2008, 03:37 PM
I agree, seems like that could easily be well over 700 with a bit better technique. maybe get your butt lower? obviously you got the strength.

Evil, I asked once before, maybe you didn't see it, where in NY are you located??

evilxxx
12-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Evil, I asked once before, maybe you didn't see it, where in NY are you located??

Oh sorry i didnt respond before(i thought i did)...Watertown NY ,just 72 miles north from Syracuse. Up were it snows 7 months out the year...LOL!

Tom Mutaffis
12-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Evil - you ever compete with a guy named Dan Ronga?

He is a USAPL 220 lbs guy in NY who also has a solid deadlift.

HP666
12-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh sorry i didnt respond before(i thought i did)...Watertown NY ,just 72 miles north from Syracuse. Up were it snows 7 months out the year...LOL!

Well hell, you're WAY far away from me then. I'm in Orange County about 50 minutes north of Manhatten.

evilxxx
12-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Evil - you ever compete with a guy named Dan Ronga?

He is a USAPL 220 lbs guy in NY who also has a solid deadlift.

Hmm...I am really bad with names, but I took a loooong break(3 years)

evilxxx
12-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Holy Hell...now that i see the video on the upstairs computer.(the good computer)...it looks as if you are just pulling all that with your back....get more leg power involve. but thats just sick to pull all that with basically just your back.