PDA

View Full Version : How is Jay181 doing?

HICK
12-18-2008, 06:52 PM
I got word that Jay is down and it might be serious, just wondering if anybody knows how is doing? And I hope he gets well soon. Not only is he a strong lifter but he's a real good person , and fun to train with. Get WELL SOON Jay181!!!

smokinHawk
12-19-2008, 06:14 AM
He went to the hospital (upper valley medical center in troy) sunday night i believe and has been stuck there since.
The doctors believe it is something to do with his kidneys. He got some tests done thursday, and they have to send them to ohio state, so he wont get the results back for to weeks. Doctors arent really sure right now what the exact problem is of what caused it. In that past month or two he has lost about 20lbs, as he is down to 183 now.
about three weeks ago he had bronchitis and was just getting over that, and after Mike wolfs bench meet he was having problems with his forearms and the doctor said it was some case of arthritis. Not sure if all those problems are related but He has had a string of bad luck in the past couple of months.
Please Keep him in your prayers guys.

Detard
12-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Get well soon dude! I hope you make a full recovery.

I.Believe
12-22-2008, 12:16 PM
What's the word this week....
I hope to see Jay on the platform soon.

JayM181
12-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Hey guys. Just got back from the hospital last night. Spend 10 days over there. 3 days in the ICU. I am diagnosed with Acute Renal Infection. I guess both of my kidneys are only functioning at less than 10 %. Not really sure what happened. I went to the ER Sunday morning last week, and had a blood pressure of 239/192 .... I guess I am very lucky I didn't have a stroke or heart attack. I guess my veins are tougher than normal people. I guess benching almost 500 pounds helps.
Anyways, You guys probably won't see me on the platform soon.
Wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

RHarris
12-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Jay,
Though we haven't met in person just want to say that, as one PLer to another, the news that you are back home after such a near miss is great and a damn fine Christmas present to us all.

Heal well and I'll be pulling for you!

Robert Harris
Las Vegas, NV

Erik 23
12-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Glad you are back home.Enjoy your christmas And I will keep you in my prayers.

HICK
12-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey Jay ,glad that your back home . Hope that u make a strong comeback . Merry Christmas!!!

smokinHawk
12-25-2008, 03:33 PM
yup im going to miss you working out with me, hope you recover soon, get well then get back to lifting........

azma
12-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Jay, I hope you have a merry Christmas and a full, expeditious recovery. Best of luck.

Kong
12-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Just read what happened dude and hope you recover quickly