PDA

View Full Version : The All World Deadlift Routine

SGT ROCK
12-18-2008, 08:58 PM
I have received so many responses via email for that article, I must thank Chris and Daniel again. My first repsonse was from Bob Gaynor who trained with one of my heroes, JON KUC. To know he is going to try my routine or at least take portions of it, is truly an honor. If any of you are trying it, with good or bad results, please let me know so I can learn from it and make an even better one next time. PL USA has always had some great workouts of the month, and that formed the foundation for my latest routine. To be in PL USA is always a great thing and never gets old. I have been blessed to train and correspond with the best ever, Eddy, Anello, Bolton etc, its only fair for me to pass it on to everyone.

Semper Fi

Brian Hopper
12-18-2008, 09:14 PM
to me it looks like a BAD A** routine. I'm not going to follow it all the way but i will take portions of it. I already did the reverse band DL, and i like the fact that you set the bands at a 5'6 height. When i did them the first time i choked the bands, but next time i do them i will just let them hang.

Thanks for giving us such an awesome routine!!!!!!!!!!!

SGT ROCK
12-19-2008, 06:20 AM
Thanks bro. The key to the rev bands is to ensure you have ALL of the weight once the bar clears the knees. It will be different heights for different people, and also depends on the length of the bands as well.

Semper Fi

RHarris
12-19-2008, 07:15 AM
I strongly recommend anyone wanting to wake up their deadlift give this routine a shot. Don't be put off by the volume or frequency of pulling. Your system will handle it and you will respond.
I had the privilege of working through this routine with Rock and I was really surprised. I'm far from an elite lifter and the deadlift has never been my best lift, but at 50 years old (220lbs) that is suddenly changing. I'm now looking forward to DL night above all others and after 5+ years regressing, my deadlift is moving again and I'm closing in on all time PRs.

One of our other training partners, Dan "Danimal" Martin, is 68 at 181 at stayed with us rep-for-rep through this routine. Not only did he "handle" it, but set a new World Record in his class at the WABDL worlds in November.

GIVE IT A TRY!

Robert Harris
Las Vegas, NV

Brian Hopper
12-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks bro. The key to the rev bands is to ensure you have ALL of the weight once the bar clears the knees. It will be different heights for different people, and also depends on the length of the bands as well.

Semper Fi

I'm 5'7 and that is pretty much where I set the pins. Next time I do them I will either let the bands hang or I will drop the pins one, and choke them.

Question: should I only use blue bands for the reverse DL, or switch it up and use the green bands?

SGT ROCK
12-19-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm 5'7 and that is pretty much where I set the pins. Next time I do them I will either let the bands hang or I will drop the pins one, and choke them.

Question: should I only use blue bands for the reverse DL, or switch it up and use the green bands?

If you can pull in the 600s use the blues most of the time, if not stick with greens.

Semper Fi

Brian Hopper
12-19-2008, 08:58 PM
10-4, Thanks for the tip!