PDA

View Full Version : Today at the gym I realized that I'm doing something right...

BigTallOx
12-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Today I was doing my DE squat workout and I noticed what appeared to be a small group of basketball players from the local university (I'm guessing). Maybe I'm wrong, but they were all 6'7"+ and were accompanied with two coach-like looking guys. They were benching, and they proceeded to "work up" to 185-ish, with which they struggled to get for more than 5 reps. The coach-like looking guys were cheering them on even though they had horrific form ( their poor shoulders if they continue to bench like that ). Anyway, I don't normally pay much attention to what people are doing around me while I'm lifting, especially while I'm squatting, but this was different because I don't often see guys close to my height in the gym. So, I couldn't help watch what they were doing, and I couldn't help thinking MAN, I'm probably twice their age and I bench WAY more than they do, and they're college athletes and I sit behind a computer all day long. I know this probably sounds really horrible, but it was a huge rush knowing that I lift A LOT more than these young guys (who are my height and have the same horrible leverages ). I know I have a lot to learn, and a long ways to go, but it really made me realize that I'm doing something right.

Brian Hopper
12-18-2008, 09:10 PM
That is always a good feeling!

chris mason
12-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Good stuff man! It also shows that resistance training is a bit of a fountain of youth when properly applied.

BigTallOx
12-18-2008, 09:38 PM
It also shows that resistance training is a bit of a fountain of youth when properly applied.

Personaly, I think it *is* the fountain of youth.