PDA

View Full Version : Metal V-Type Squatter

Buccos1
12-19-2008, 03:09 PM
I just purchased the IPF Metal squat suit and am going to give it a shot tommorrow for my leg day. I have been squatting in a pretty loose Inzer Hardcore that I can get on in about a minute by myself. I've been debating about getting the Metal for awhile but decided to give it a go after reading so many good things about it. I hope to video some upcomming sessions in the video section to get input on my form/technique. Any advice with this suit would be appreciated.

HP666
12-19-2008, 03:13 PM
I just ate a ham sandwich and plan on pooping it out tomorrow.

Buccos1
12-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Thats great!

EatMyWay2TheTop
12-21-2008, 06:20 AM
That's the one Im using too. Since it was my first suit I had trouble figuring out but now Im really getting a lot of pop out of the hole. The only advice I can give you is to not to let it push you forward and sit back as much as you can. Have fun man!

Buccos1
12-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks. I had a rough time trying to get it on. I got the legs up about halfway before switching to an old Inzer suit to just get my workout in. My main difficulty has been leaning foward from the bottom. I am definetely going to have to watch that.

EatMyWay2TheTop
12-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks. I had a rough time trying to get it on. I got the legs up about halfway before switching to an old Inzer suit to just get my workout in. My main difficulty has been leaning foward from the bottom. I am definetely going to have to watch that.

Im in no way a great squatter so take it for what it is but I noticed doing a lot of abs, obliques and low back work allows me to really stay upright with my chest out. The key is to really push the abs and obliques out before unracking the weight. I look pregnant doing this stuff.

Lones Green
12-21-2008, 10:04 AM
its not a bad first suit, it was the first one i ever had. its single ply, so it shouldn't be that hard to get on, plus it will stretch. don't use water on the legs, that will probably stretch them out TOO much. there are a few techniques you can use to get the suit on...check youtube, theres a video supertraining made that helped me with getting mine on.

i wouldn't advise squatting in it alone, i did it for a long time and i've been working for years on correcting some flaws in my form that i developed training alone.

Buccos1
12-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Most of my workouts are alone. I video most of my squats to go back over afterwards. The suits I have (Hardcore, Z suit, and Champion) are all loose and easy to get on. They don't mess with my natural form that much either. After getting the Metal suit almost on, I could see the difference immediately and do realize that I'm going to have to find a place to meet up with some experienced gear lifters. I'll check out the Supertraining video, thanks.