PDA

View Full Version : Squat Vid - Please critique

Pete22
12-19-2008, 07:56 PM
I train alone so any help I can get on my squat form would be good. First two sets are raw, last 3 are in briefs. One thing I notice off the bat is my elbows are pointing almost straight back; my shoulder flexibility sucks.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qq_q3EKe9fk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qq_q3EKe9fk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

johnnyo_99
12-19-2008, 08:23 PM
i train alone as well, this is the type of stuff I like to see, get me motivated for tomorrows squat session. your stance and drive through with the hips is great

Reko
12-19-2008, 08:46 PM
what song is that?

Reko
12-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Things I see are pushing your knees out (I watched mostly the last rep, since its the most important one IMO), and I can't tell if you are keeping your arch tight on the box or not, from the angle.

mosley1990
12-19-2008, 08:53 PM
great lifts man! and great song.

Ben Moore
12-19-2008, 08:53 PM
On your briefs sets think about pushing your but back more. You're sitting straight down right now and you should be sitting back.

Pete22
12-19-2008, 08:56 PM
what song is that?

Black Gold Reign by All Shall Perish.

i train alone as well, this is the type of stuff I like to see, get me motivated for tomorrows squat session. your stance and drive through with the hips is great

Thanks, I appreciate the comment. It can be tough to stay motivated sometimes without training partners pushing you.

Pete22
12-19-2008, 09:01 PM
On your briefs sets think about pushing your but back more. You're sitting straight down right now and you should be sitting back.

Yeah I noticed that too. This was my 4th or 5th time in the briefs so I'm still trying to learn them. Thanks.

Ben Moore
12-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah I noticed that too. This was my 4th or 5th time in the briefs so I'm still trying to learn them. Thanks.

I'm fairly new to this stuff too, so I understand.

Chris Rodgers
12-19-2008, 09:30 PM

I was gonna say the same thing. Oh, also get some training partners. Pay people, blackmail them, threaten them, whatever. :evillaugh:

RhodeHouse
12-19-2008, 09:57 PM
1. Drive your head back into the bar. It's out in front of you
2. Jack those elbows under the bar as much as possible. This will lock in your upper back and keep your chest out
3. Don't rock on the box. Make your free squat and box squat identical. You can't rock in the hole free squatting, don't get in the habit box squatting.
4. I'd free squat, personally
5. Push your hips back before you bend your knees
6. Open you knees way up. This will increase your arch, tightness and stability in the hole.

You're strong, so just clean things up. And, go find training partners. You can't excel in powerlifting on your own.

Pete22
12-20-2008, 07:24 AM
1. Drive your head back into the bar. It's out in front of you
2. Jack those elbows under the bar as much as possible. This will lock in your upper back and keep your chest out
3. Don't rock on the box. Make your free squat and box squat identical. You can't rock in the hole free squatting, don't get in the habit box squatting.
4. I'd free squat, personally
5. Push your hips back before you bend your knees
6. Open you knees way up. This will increase your arch, tightness and stability in the hole.

You're strong, so just clean things up. And, go find training partners. You can't excel in powerlifting on your own.

Thanks for the help, I'll work on this stuff.