PDA

View Full Version : Ears pop when running?? Please help!

Tylerhawkins
12-20-2008, 01:37 PM
A month or two ago I went to a Marine Corps poolee (pre bootcamp training) program, and had to run 1.5 miles.
I've recently just started working out, but i've never ran much before because im trying to GAIN weight, not lose ( even though I now understand its ok to run a few times a week and still gain muscle mass)

After the run, I was breathing very hard and my ears were popping so horribly that I could barely hear anything.
After that day, when I workout hard or run my ears pop (not as bad as it did the first time though).

Is there any way to prevent this, and how did it start originally?

PS: I just finished working out, and when I drank water it made my ears pop again.

Thanks

Tyler

Notorious
12-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Do you have a stuffy nose?

TUEFELHUNDEN
12-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Try and control your breathing to a cadence. Like 4 steps in~~4 steps out or somthing like that and breath in through your nose and our your mouth. I had this somtimes when I was really winded and lost my rythym. It seemd like I was getting air in my mouth and nose at the same time and I would have to try and get my ears to pop after a while. Almost like I was on an airplane. It went away after I got used to running.

Good choice on the USMC. It will change your life forever. If you take advantage of the opportunity you will be a better person for it.

Tyrant
12-25-2008, 06:04 PM
It may be:

1. psychological relating to stress and anxiety.
2. inner ear infection.
3. atrophy of the ear canal muscles.
4. cold/flu symptoms.

How long had it been since you had done high intensity exercise before the Marine Boot Camp run.
If you hadn't done high intensity exercise before that, then it's quite normal. It'll wear off once you get your cardiovascular system back in shape.
Or you could go to your doctor.