PDA

View Full Version : First time in a bench shirt

EatMyWay2TheTop
12-21-2008, 09:54 AM
I got a Titan F6 with a velcro in the back and I'll be trying it for the first time Tuesday, what's the best way to start with ? My raw bench is 300ish if that can help.
I plan to use the the cycle Matt Rhodes described in his Bench shirt training article.

ThePunisherson
12-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Get boards and 2 spotter (preferably ones who have been in a shirt before), you will be using much more than 300 pounds

EatMyWay2TheTop
12-22-2008, 06:00 AM
Thank you, I was thinkin about boards because I guess it's gonna be hard to touch...I got spotters but unfortunately none of them have shirt experience, Im the most "experienced" lifter of the group so I play the guinea pig role

mosley1990
12-22-2008, 11:20 PM
to get my Inzer Rage X to touch i had to work it two days before getting it to touch. On the first day i just did some higher board presses...i did some 4 board and some 3 board. on the second day i did some 2 board and a set of one board. The next time i got in the shirt i got it to touch. if i pull i can get 295 to touch. Also, putting some water on the seams and chest plate help break it in...or so i was told.