PDA

View Full Version : 12/21/08 ME Bench Video

vdizenzo
12-21-2008, 02:03 PM
So I have been out of the shirt for two weeks. I did the overhead competition last week. I was sick. Used the fat bar for the first time. A team of locusts attacked me. There was a flood. Let's see what other excuses I can come up with.

Anyway, my raw boards felt great. My shirt did not. I finally hit my groove on 900 off the 3 board. Took a grand. I would have red lighted it as a judge. I personally did not feel locked out. However, I was able to grind it which is something I was never able to do before. I was also able to hold it for a good while. At least I can take something positive from the experience. Went to 950 after that. It was definitely an off lift as well. I felt locked, but I dipped the weight.

I am out of the shirt next week because my selfish lifting partner Matt Rhodes is going to Arkansass. The week after I will take 900, 950, and 1000 with a regular bar and expect better results.

wOEJ-r2JErk

KarstenDD
12-21-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm sad I missed this. I'm pretty sure that I am the reason this session was sub par.

bencher8
12-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Nice lifting Vin! I notice that your right foot keeps slipping...that will definately make it hard to lockout...particularly your left arm. If you notice, your foot didnt slip on the 900, but it did on the 1000 and the 950. Right when your foot slips your left arm dips. One way I have tried to fix it is too make sure I push my knees out as I get closer to touching. This keep everything in line and helps with the slipping. I have this problem all the time...

I did 3 brds today as well. The ROM isnt really useful, but it will kill the CNS....I can barely move right now. I also noted that your handoff guy is strong as ****...single man handoffs with 1000? Damn!

I had a recovery question. I saw on another thread about you using contrast showers. Have they helped much on recovery? I need something...or figure out how to take lighter days. lol

vdizenzo
12-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Nice lifting Vin! I notice that your right foot keeps slipping...that will definately make it hard to lockout...particularly your left arm. If you notice, your foot didnt slip on the 900, but it did on the 1000 and the 950. Right when your foot slips your left arm dips. One way I have tried to fix it is too make sure I push my knees out as I get closer to touching. This keep everything in line and helps with the slipping. I have this problem all the time...

I did 3 brds today as well. The ROM isnt really useful, but it will kill the CNS....I can barely move right now. I also noted that your handoff guy is strong as ****...single man handoffs with 1000? Damn!

I had a recovery question. I saw on another thread about you using contrast showers. Have they helped much on recovery? I need something...or figure out how to take lighter days. lol

My liftoff guy is Matt Rhodes. I consider this his deadlift assistance work. Seriously though, he is strong as an ox and gives an incredible liftoff. However, his already bulbous melon is bound to expand after your compliment. Earlier my wife remarked how Matt looked bigger than usual. Now this. I'll never hear the end of it.

I look forward to trying the knees out thing. I have never heard that before but it makes sense. Nice observation. That's why I post vid. If you don't post the bad stuff you'll never learn. Thanks for the help. By the way, I really like the three board to overload. When a bunch of us ate dinner in Vegas, Ryan talked a lot about overlaoding. Now that I have had 900+ in my hands a lot, the 800's feel much lighter.

Regarding the contrast showers, I swear by them. They really help after a tough session. The cold was so cold today (the water is colder in the winter--go figure) it felt like I was getting pelted with nails. After a really crazy workout I go three minutes super hot to one minute super cold. I do that three times. Always ending on cold. Then I get into some nice warm sweats. I go one minute hot and 30 seconds cold three times on easier days.

I also swear by ALN's ETS. No bs, give it a shot. After a bit you will notice a huge difference.

Travis Bell
12-21-2008, 06:35 PM
LOL I guess we both feel like we had sucky weeks. Maybe somethin in the air? Who knows. Doesn't matter I guess.

I noticed the foot thing like Paul said, but with myself I always do it when I'm trying to push harder on one side than the other. Usually happens to me because I start the lift off balance, but I'm going to give the knee thing a shot as well. The other thing I noticed is you dropped your hips on the 950, which I only bring up because you said its something you've been trying to work on. As for me, I tend to do better with the little hip drop. it certainly didn't effect your speed off the boards LOL

I must say you handled 1000lbs very very well! I can't imagine the pressure. Very impressive Vincent. I look forward to your videos every week because they motivate me going into the next. You are simply an awesome bencher

HP666
12-21-2008, 06:40 PM
You are the man Vin, seriously, just sick, sick lifting bro.

vdizenzo
12-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Maybe my legs were weak. I just look so unstable in my core. I squatted Friday because I knew we could not bench due to weather. It was my first day squatting back in a month. I did 155x10 for 10 sets. I did not want to go heavy because of my back so I figured I'd kill some volume. I have to go back and check my other vids. Note to self, squatting does not come before benching.

Or the other alternative--the weight was too heavy.

Travis Bell
12-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't know Vin. Honestly the more and more I watch it, its seriously not that bad. Im changing my opinion on the hips. you didn't really drop them that much

I mean c'mon, whose going to feel stable in their core with a grand in their hands haha!

Chalk it up to the first time with a grand and just an uncomfortable workout. I'd bet money with a week off the shirt to recuperate, the next time you take it, it'll be gravey.

Lones Green
12-21-2008, 07:54 PM
wow. like Travis said, you handled 1000 very well. i am impressed as always Vin. very inspirational...

Eric Downey
12-21-2008, 08:01 PM
I had a crappy week to glad to see im not alone

gatorman2k6
12-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Your videos are what inspired me to go out and buy wood to make boards. Thanks for checking out my thread for some tips. If you could check back, I asked a few more questions and I can tell you know what you are doing so all help is appreciated. Nice work!!

drew
12-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Nice grind with the 1000 Vin. SFW