PDA

View Full Version : calories and stuff...

gamodye
12-22-2008, 05:09 PM
well you guys know what im talking about... im 5'11", 135pounds, small frame, 115 years old.

i am now (after moving house) going to start up a workout plan, and naturally i need food. i find it hard to gain weight, so i am going to aim for 4500 kcal a day. i want a separation of something like 30% protein, 25% fat, 45% carbs... (if that seems reasonable).

so:
340g of protein (a lot!!!)
510g of carbs (also a lot!!!)
125g of fat (a reasonable amount)...

at my disposal:
protein: cans of tuna, nuts (cashew, peanuts...), milk, chicken, ham slices, chorizo, turkey breast slices... //if i ask for, other stuff//

carbs: milk, pretty much anything else if i ask for it...

fat: nuts, milk, cheese, most other things when asked for...

i do also want to keep it healthy, so i will be eating fruit (bananas, kiwis, oranges, apples, peaches...) and i also want to eat a nice amount of vegetables.

i am hoping to workout at 4:30pm, and i will be eating 6 or more meals throughout the day. i go to school 8:10 - 3:50 with breaks at 11:15 and 1:40. i get 8 hours of sleep a night, and etc...

so basically, could anyone please help me on creating a meal guide...

thank you in advance

andrew_lane
12-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Well first off I think that milk should go in your protein category. For carbs I would try to get a large amount of oatmeal, rice, and bread. 340g of protein is a lot but you should be able to handle it, just make sure you work your way up to it.

gamodye
12-23-2008, 05:24 AM
thank you andrew...

so, and this seems more realistic...
calories: 3200kcal
protein: 200g
carbohydrates: 400g
good fats: 90g

unfortunately, my plan cannot go exactly the same as the one he made, however i can try.

are there any things that i should know about creating my own plan...
stuff like consume 50% of your carbs in your post-workout meal, or eat the same amount of protein in every meal, or eat something high in fat at certain times, or only have carbs during the workout, or others... etc.

thanks, and one last thing, i would prefer to do the entire diet without any main supplements other than protein powder, as i am only 15, unless one of you really thinks that others would be very beneficial
-thanks again

conroy1011
12-23-2008, 06:20 AM
multi-vitamins, you can never go wrong with them bro.

gamodye
12-24-2008, 02:11 AM
awesome, thanks...

so basically, im lookin at:
protein: milk, chicken, steak, protein powder, ham, turkey, tuna, nuts.
carbs: whole meal bread, rice, pasta, also milk.
fat: olive oil, flax oil, nuts.
fruit + veg: broccoli, banana, multi-vitamins, carrots, lettuce, oranges, apples, kiwi's, beans, etc.

also, is this an ok rough plan:

7:00: big bowl of muesli, with milk, water drink, slice of brown bread, banana
11:15: 4 cheese + ham sandwiches (brown bread), water drink, orange
1:40: 4 cheese + ham sandwiches (brown bread), water drink, apple
3:50: can of tuna, bowlful of pasta, 2 glasses of milk
6:00: pre-workout; multi-vitamin, cup of coffee, glass of milk, banana
WORKOUT!: water
7:15: post-workout; drink protein powder (32g protein), milk, bowlful rice
10:00: peanut butter sandwich (brown b), milk, water, broccoli, chicken wing

i will need to change some of it, and i don't know exact measurements, but there we go...

thanks

bossman009
12-24-2008, 05:24 PM
I dont really post alot of answers.. I usually just ask questions but to my knowledge after reading this forum...

4500 cals a day seems alot for some one 135 pounds?? I started at 2600 and ended up at 3000 when i went up from 150-170

I think you might gain alot of fat along with the muscle eating 4500 cals a day?

I dont know.. just saying, need some of the smarter guys to add more info

Dan Wilson
12-24-2008, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't recommend heavy lifting or eating such a hefty diet at 115 years old.

azma
12-25-2008, 01:38 PM
You don't need 200 grams of protein...lower that to 160 (~1.2g/lb).

Also, in addition to your Muesli, I'd eat a handful of almonds at 7AM, if I were you. They have good fats and even some protein.

gamodye
12-26-2008, 01:19 PM
im 5'11", 133 pounds, im 15, and small framed.

i willn't be lifting too heavier weights, i will be taking it easy... but as for the diet... so 160g of protein a day, i ate 2500cal a day and didn't gain, so i'll go for 300cal a day... anyone recommend fat and carbs intake?

(i don't want to gain much fat, i want to have a muscular but athletic build, something like 9% body fat or less, depends how it looks, i will try to gain weight slowly too)...

thanks

Insane
12-26-2008, 02:02 PM
at 5'11 and 133 pnds i wouldn't worry about fat.. eat boy eat.. lift heavy and EaT

gamodye
12-27-2008, 01:22 PM
lol, but i still want an athletic figure, i see myself at final growth: 6' 1", 200 pounds (i wish), about 7%bf...

good news: mum has said im allowed to make up and eat my own diet

bad news: i have a little over 160 to spend on it a month...

i've been trying to plan it out, and its quite hard, but i think im slowly getting there, just wondering, anyone know cheap, high calorie foods (pasta, milk, etc)...

thanks

bossman009
12-27-2008, 07:15 PM
^Mcdonalds/BK.. high in calories and protein.. I know its not the best way to gain weight but its cheap and gets the job done haha

up to you.. i personally ate 3 double cheeseburgers one time a week.. 3 whopper juniors another day in the week.. pizza on another day a week.. and quiznos on the other day.. I basically eat 4 days bad.. the other 3 days when I work out.. I eat clean.. but yea up to you.. i personally feel its ok to eat some burgers and what not here and there as long as you do so while with-in your calorie limit..

But ah im still a beginner.. just added my two cents

VikingWarlord
12-27-2008, 08:01 PM
^Mcdonalds/BK.. high in calories and protein.. I know its not the best way to gain weight but its cheap and gets the job done haha

up to you.. i personally ate 3 double cheeseburgers one time a week.. 3 whopper juniors another day in the week.. pizza on another day a week.. and quiznos on the other day.. I basically eat 4 days bad.. the other 3 days when I work out.. I eat clean.. but yea up to you.. i personally feel its ok to eat some burgers and what not here and there as long as you do so while with-in your calorie limit..

But ah im still a beginner.. just added my two cents

Way higher in saturated fat than protein. As long as it fits in your macros, eat whatever you want but relying on that kind of thing is not only potentially really unhealthy, it also gets expensive and is just plain gross.

gamodye
12-28-2008, 02:21 PM
yea, i was thinking of stuff more along the lines of pasta/ rice/ bread...

i have decided, its gonna be 160g of protein, 2560 kcal (i'll go up 500kcal if i don't gain), 320g carbs, 71g fat.

6 meals a day, ~25g protein per meal (except post-workout, at 35 - 40g), etc.

carbs from pasta, brown rice, milk, wholesome bread.
protein from powder, milk, chicken, nuts, tuna.
fat from tuna oil, olive oil, nuts, other fats.
also have multi-vitamins (any in particular??), coffee pre-workout, and a lot of fruit.

thanks to all who helped