PDA

View Full Version : Severed Ties

PowerManDL
04-05-2002, 09:14 AM
ST, I just want to give you props for your article. It was excellent.

To any of you dieters out there who haven't read it, I strongly urge you to do so.

Qea
04-05-2002, 09:18 AM
woohoo! it's finally out!

we've been waiting :D

kudos, ST

:clap:

Cackerot69
04-05-2002, 10:15 AM
It was well written, but didn't make a very strong point.

Blood&Iron
04-05-2002, 01:25 PM
I agree with Cack to a certain extent. The article made some good points. I do not, however, think they entirely supported the premise that low-carb diets are bad. There are distinct advantages and disadvantages to every approach--which I'm far too lazy to go into. Yes, for some a low-carb diet is a terrible idea. For others, however, a low-carb diet is the best approach. As with everything, it depends on the individual.

MonStar1023
04-05-2002, 01:33 PM
Great post Blood&Iron. I have been following NHE and gotten great results as you all know. There are definitely ups and downs to every single diet out there. There is no one perfect diet that has no downsides.

:cool::cool:

Severed Ties
04-05-2002, 08:18 PM
PowerMan- Thanks, glad to hear you liked it. Their was alot more I wanted to do with the article but I just haven't had the time, I have emails that are weeks old I still haven't responded to. When my schedule lightens I may do a section on thyroid function and hypermetabolism as I was upset I had to leave it out.

Qea- It's been done for a while now but Hulk's been saving up for some time.

Cack- My goal was more to get people to think about the ways and methods they use to diet than to label low carbs as bad.

B&I- I do agree with you to a certain extent as their is a small percentage of the population who suffer some degree of hyperinsulinia. In such a case they do respond excellent to a lower carb diet.

ST