PDA

View Full Version : A bit better bench workout than last week

Travis Bell
12-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Well this week I did doubled monster mini bands up to a single with comp grip. I added a slight pause to all sets, but rewatching my last set, it looks more touch and go than paused. I just have to stay tighter at the bottom and keep my elbows under the bar and I'll be able to get more speed off the chest than I am now. Still, I was happy with 435 plus the doubled minis for a single.

I added in my set of doubles that I did right after the 435 as well as one of my sets of DB benching

h4sbotiimNE

cougar23
12-24-2008, 12:14 PM
...beast!

HP666
12-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Nice work.

Eric Downey
12-24-2008, 12:40 PM
good work

starfox
12-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Nice lifting Travis.

Brian Hopper
12-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Nice lifts!!!!

thewicked
12-24-2008, 03:44 PM
inspirational as always travis..that's a helluva bench!

Erik 23
12-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Nice Work Travis Love watching your videos man.Your Form is Always Perfect.

Travis Bell
12-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks Erik. I think I could still stick my arch a little better as well as increase my tightness at the bottom but I do really appreciate it.

Thanks for the great comments guys

Erik 23
12-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks Erik. I think I could still stick my arch a little better as well as increase my tightness at the bottom but I do really appreciate it.

Thanks for the great comments guys

No Prob My Friend I think you look pretty tight.

The arch seems like it will be kinda hard for you to do cause you dont really have a stomach.

Only thing i can think of is like maybe if you went to benching off your toes.

I could have sworn i seen i think it was George Halberts 766 lbs Bench in competion,And i thought he'd switched to that style when he did that bench maybe im wrong i thought he did.

But your probally more stable the way you bench now.Cause i know i have a problem of leaning all over the place when i bench off my toes.

Painzer
12-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Travis, It looks like your hips and ass come up of the bench on the 435 single and the 465 double... is that just the cam angle?

Travis Bell
12-24-2008, 06:11 PM
its the camera angle showing my upper leg comming up.

That said, it is difficult to keep my butt down on that bench. Its really low to the ground so too much leg drive pushes my hips off the bench. I never seem to have this problem on the Forza.

I s'pose my butt could be comming up a bit, one of my problems right now is my leg drive isn't throwing my weight back, its partly throwing it up, but I do think that its on the bench

Painzer
12-24-2008, 06:13 PM
its the camera angle showing my upper leg comming up.

That said, it is difficult to keep my butt down on that bench. Its really low to the ground so too much leg drive pushes my hips off the bench. I never seem to have this problem on the Forza.

I s'pose my butt could be comming up a bit, one of my problems right now is my leg drive isn't throwing my weight back, its partly throwing it up, but I do think that its on the bench

Would your butt coming up cause you to red light the lift in competition?

Travis Bell
12-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes.

that is one thing I'm not terribly worried about though. There will be a much better bench at the meet.

Its more foot position than anything else. I'm placing my feet where I normally would on a Forza. The Forza bench we have at Westside is a bit higher than this bench (its a competition spec bench and this one is not)

Painzer
12-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Got it. Just wanted to make sure I understand how it works.

Strong benches though. Awesome.

Travis Bell
12-24-2008, 06:23 PM
My pleasure. You can get red lighted for butt comming up, uneven extension, bar comming down just a little and then going up and bouncing or not pausing.

Painzer
12-24-2008, 06:27 PM
What is uneven extension? Like One arm coming up way faster than the other?

Chalky Palms
12-24-2008, 06:44 PM
yes that is what uneven extension is.

Travis, I am nowhere near a benching powerhouse like yourself but I had the butt coming off problem and solved it by spreading my legs out farther and widening my foot stance, butt stays down now. I know you said you aren't worried about it but it can't hurt.

Ben Moore
12-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Travis - do you have to keep your feet flat at the raw meet?

Nice work!

vdizenzo
12-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Looking good. Try loosening up the belt by one and pushing your belly out harder.

Travis Bell
12-24-2008, 09:09 PM
What is uneven extension? Like One arm coming up way faster than the other?

Exactly

Travis - do you have to keep your feet flat at the raw meet?

Nice work!

No sir

Looking good. Try loosening up the belt by one and pushing your belly out harder.

Will do Vin! I hadn't thought of that. I think you're right, I may not be able to get enough air in my diaphram when I'm trying to stay tight. Thanks

mosley1990
12-24-2008, 09:40 PM
I ALWAYS love these AtLarge videos...please keep them comming.

gatorman2k6
12-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Nice work Travis! Your videos always inspire me to have a good bench work out.