PDA

View Full Version : Videos Coming!

SGT ROCK
12-24-2008, 04:33 PM
I think I FINALLY figured out how to get my videos from my camcorder to the internet. I have a few good vids inclduing

SLDL RAW, HOOK GRIP, NO BELT OFF A 3 INCH BOX 425 PLUS 80LBS OF CHAIN FOR 6 REPS

GYM LIFT 755 DL IN FULL GEAR, EASY

GYM LIFT 775 DL IN FULL GEAR, SMOOTH

CONTEST WINNING LIFT OF 755 EASY AT WORLDS

VARIOUS REV BAND DL REPS IN THE GYM

I hope to have them up soon!

Semper Fi

flappysr
12-24-2008, 05:49 PM
I think I FINALLY figured out how to get my videos from my camcorder to the internet. I have a few good vids inclduing

SLDL RAW, HOOK GRIP, NO BELT OFF A 3 INCH BOX 425 PLUS 80LBS OF CHAIN FOR 6 REPS

GYM LIFT 755 DL IN FULL GEAR, EASY

GYM LIFT 775 DL IN FULL GEAR, SMOOTH

CONTEST WINNING LIFT OF 755 EASY AT WORLDS

VARIOUS REV BAND DL REPS IN THE GYM

I hope to have them up soon!

Semper Fi

STANDING BY. SGT. ROCK. IN THE MEAN TIME. I'LL BE WATCHING 2007 WORLD'S STRONGEST MAN TONIGHT ON ESPN AND THEN WATCH THE WORLDS STRONGEST MAN 2008 CONTEST THURSDAY. DEC. 25TH CHRISTMAS EVENING. (THE DEADLIFTS ARE AWESOME)........:hello::omg::omg:

Erik 23
12-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Awesome Rock cant wait to see them.I have a question though. Do you think the Reverse Bands really help all that much with your regular Deadlift.I tried them once,I did 755 for 3 it felt light but at the top is when it got heavy Lol.Do you think there mainly for lockout strength or do they help build the overall deadlift.How often do you use them? Thanx Rock and Keep pulling Strong Brother.

SGT ROCK
12-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Awesome Rock cant wait to see them.I have a question though. Do you think the Reverse Bands really help all that much with your regular Deadlift.I tried them once,I did 755 for 3 it felt light but at the top is when it got heavy Lol.Do you think there mainly for lockout strength or do they help build the overall deadlift.How often do you use them? Thanx Rock and Keep pulling Strong Brother.

I feel they do have some merit. I have learned for me the best method is to keep the bands around 5ft or so, that way ALL OF the weight is yours at knee level.

Semper Fi

HP666
12-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Hey Sarge, I have another DL question for you, figured I'd post it here so others can benefit.

I'm a fairly large guy, at just under 6-4, and I squat sumo with as wide a stance as I can stand. That of course is pulling from the floor. My question is regarding work in the rack. When I do PDL in the rack I can't open my stance up as wide due to the rack width. Is it ok to just do them with the stance as wide as I can go, does it make a difference? OR would it be more of a benefit to just do the partials conventional?

SGT ROCK
12-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey Sarge, I have another DL question for you, figured I'd post it here so others can benefit.

I'm a fairly large guy, at just under 6-4, and I squat sumo with as wide a stance as I can stand. That of course is pulling from the floor. My question is regarding work in the rack. When I do PDL in the rack I can't open my stance up as wide due to the rack width. Is it ok to just do them with the stance as wide as I can go, does it make a difference? OR would it be more of a benefit to just do the partials conventional?

Im unsure of what your asking, but sumo rack work has some benefit, but conv is more useful. Try it conventional bro.

Semper Fi

Klotz
12-25-2008, 09:34 PM
What's the different between easy and smooth?

SGT ROCK
12-26-2008, 06:59 AM
What's the different between easy and smooth?

The smooth rep wasnt as easy...as the EASY one...but one motion, steady and smooth. I have never been called for hitching a DL so that is never an issue, but it was a steady and smooth pull with no stopping. 775 weighing 229 SMOOTH.

Semper Fi

Tom Mutaffis
12-26-2008, 07:24 AM
775 at 229 is ridiculous!

Nice work.

RHarris
12-26-2008, 01:07 PM
The smooth rep wasnt as easy...as the EASY one...but one motion, steady and smooth. I have never been called for hitching a DL so that is never an issue, but it was a steady and smooth pull with no stopping. 775 weighing 229 SMOOTH.

Semper Fi

In Rock's case, the difference between smooth and easy is just different degrees of smoke! LOL

Keep pulling Brother, great things to come this year.

Robert Harris
Las Vegas, NV

SGT ROCK
12-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Tom, thanks for the compliment my friend. For those that dont know Robert, he is a close friend and my training partner, a bencher who has turned to the dark side (DEADLIFT!) and will never turn back (insert evil laugh now..mwuauahhahhahahahahha) When our team gets together for our TWO deadlifts days per week, it gets abolutely intense.

Semper Fi

Erik 23
12-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Tom, thanks for the compliment my friend. For those that dont know Robert, he is a close friend and my training partner, a bencher who has turned to the dark side (DEADLIFT!) and will never turn back (insert evil laugh now..mwuauahhahhahahahahha) When our team gets together for our TWO deadlifts days per week, it gets abolutely intense.

Semper Fi

You Deadlift Twice a week ? do you have 1 speed day and 1 max day? or what do you do if thats not it? can you post like a sample routine im interested in seeing how you set up your Deadlift programs.

SGT ROCK
12-27-2008, 06:54 AM
You Deadlift Twice a week ? do you have 1 speed day and 1 max day? or what do you do if thats not it? can you post like a sample routine im interested in seeing how you set up your Deadlift programs.

See this months powerlifting USA bro. It is also posted on the WBB articles.
I often add in a speed day but do NOT reccomend it for most.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
12-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Ok bros if anyone can help me please. I have a reg cam corder, I now know the exact cable I need to connect it to my computer. Whats next? I want to edit the videos etc, can someone reccomend a way or a good site? I know youtube is good to post it but I need to edit as well etc.

Semper Fi

Painzer
12-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Just use Windows movie maker. It's super easy, and should already be on your computer.

rdearmond573
12-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Can't wait to see them bro

Vert
12-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Show :D.

flappysr
01-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Ok bros if anyone can help me please. I have a reg cam corder, I now know the exact cable I need to connect it to my computer. Whats next? I want to edit the videos etc, can someone reccomend a way or a good site? I know youtube is good to post it but I need to edit as well etc.

Semper Fi

ANY Luck, with Vids . Sgt. Rock. Standing by.......:hello::hello::hello:

Brian Hopper
01-01-2009, 08:43 PM
See this months powerlifting USA bro. It is also posted on the WBB articles.
I often add in a speed day but do NOT reccomend it for most.

Semper Fi

how long have you been doing this routine???

SGT ROCK
01-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Versions of it on and off during all of 2008. I have been working every day so I havent got the videos yet, hopefully next week.

Semper Fi