PDA

View Full Version : Torn AC Joint

HP666
12-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Which is really a fancy way of saying sprained shoulder, but none the less I have one. The AC joint is three ligaments that connect the clavicle to the shoulder. The Dr. today wasn't sure how many I tore, I go for an MRI next week. Not a good way to start the new year, but at least I know where all this pain was coming from. And I got a nice script if Vicodin.

Klotz
12-26-2008, 04:47 PM
My only advice is that you should avoid bench press for a while.

HP666
12-26-2008, 04:54 PM
My only advice is that you should avoid bench press for a while.

Gee, really?? Thanks Klotz, I don't know what I'd do without you. ;)

Let me tell you, I benched with it a couple times, it actually didn't hurt while I was benching; but afterwards, whew it was bad. It hurt like hell when I deadlifted, and even hurt when I squatted Tuesday night. It got real bad on Christmas and I had to go to the Dr today and figure something out, which I did.

chris mason
12-26-2008, 07:36 PM
That sucks! Sorry to hear about your injuey. Heal quickly!

vdizenzo
12-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Find a doctor or pt who's goal is to get you back training then listen. Too many doctors say don't do this and don't do that. I walk out of their offices unless they tell me their ultimate goal is to get me competing again.

SDS
12-27-2008, 04:15 PM
I've got some arthritis in my AC. I can't do BB bench press, but DB bench press doesn't bother it at all. Can't do dips anymore either......and I have to play Wii Tennis with my left hand.
Honestly I was unaware you could tear anything associated with the AC. I thought it was a compression type joint with a cartilage pad.