PDA

View Full Version : How Sumo Wrestlers gain weight...

blacknapolean
12-28-2008, 01:37 PM
So I'm watching this thing on national geo about obesity. They are showing the difference between your average Joe and Sumo Wrestlers. The Sumo's say that they lift/train in the morning on an empty stomach, they then eat 2 big meals through the day to gain a **** load of weight. You go to bed on a full stomach as well. Any input? They guy on THE T.V said they eat 10 times the amount of your average dude, so probably about 20k cal.

deeder
12-28-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't understand the question.

Progress
12-28-2008, 07:28 PM
There wasn't really a question other than a request for input.

OP, do you want to be a sumo wrestler? Are you afraid that your bodybuilding bulk will result in a sumo wrestler's physique?

KarstenDD
12-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Sooooooooo, they gain weight by eating a lot? GROUNDBREAKING!

deeder
12-28-2008, 07:51 PM
There wasn't really a question other than a request for input.

OP, do you want to be a sumo wrestler? Are you afraid that your bodybuilding bulk will result in a sumo wrestler's physique?

Lol ok, well then I don't understand what kind of input he's asking for?:hello:

blacknapolean
12-28-2008, 08:39 PM
No its talking about a method to eat more.

Sensei
12-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Sumo wrestlers are famous for their prodigious eating and, more specifically, eating tons of "chanko nabe", which is basically meats and vegetables boiled in a broth. Very healthy and delicious - if you've ever eaten it you'd understand how you could eat and eat and eat and eat and eat. Couple that with hard training for hours every day and you're going to get pretty big.

Sumo wrestlers get a bad rap for being fat. No, they aren't ripped, but neither are most super-heavies.

T82
12-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Also at least they're binging on healthy food and not artery clogging burgers, fries, pizza and such.