PDA

View Full Version : FireFit

gosselin_ma
12-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Im doing Firefit since last years right now i am doing strengh training but i know i should be doing more anaerobic cardio , but i know i do need a lot of strengh to perfom in this game. so im wondering how i could combine the both style of training , if i should split my days in the week or do cycle. Thx for the advice!

ZenMonkey
12-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Need more info.

What is firefit?

What game?

KingWilder
12-28-2008, 05:42 PM
sounds similar to CrossFit

but you didn't really give enough information for anyone to give you proper advice

gosselin_ma
01-02-2009, 06:03 AM
firefit is : you have to wear full firefighter gear with the compressed air bottle(approx. 50lbs) and you are breathing the air in the bottle so approx. -25% of energy. the run is : you start at the bottom of a 5 floor tower, you have to run throught the stair with a hose pack on you'r shoulder (45lbs) when upstair you drop the hosepack, and go on a platform and raise a rope to the top with 45lbs on it. After you descend the tower , at the bottom you go on a kaiser machine to simulate forced entrance and hit the kaiser machine with a mass approx 12x. after that you run through cone take a charged nozzle run with it on you'r shoulder, and the finish, you have to take a mannequin (175lbs) and pull it 70 feet behind you. All that wearing full firefighter gear and breathing through the air compressed bottle. Sry for my english, i do the best i can since im a french. youtube.com/watch?v=_L9tNdIXXAs&feature=related here is a link were you can see 2 of the best performing. what im looking for is kind of a year schedule. the firefit seasons is july to september. But i don't really know how i should split my training the rest of the year, i need huge amount of strenght and of energy.

thx for answering me guys.