PDA

View Full Version : workout

swift444
12-28-2008, 06:57 PM
hello, im looking for a workout that doesnt require a gym (i wouldnt be able to get there since i live far from one) need to gain alot of weight so that i can play football next year without getting tossed around =P. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

slashkills
12-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Do you have any equipment at home? If you dont there isnt a ton you can do. The weight room is really your best bet. What position are you looking to be?

swift444
12-29-2008, 05:08 PM
not much equipment but i can buy some, what would be best? i was hoping for either wide receiver or running back.

slashkills
12-29-2008, 07:37 PM
To be a wide receiver or running back you need speed and hands. Work on catching and running routes with someone as often as possible. Is this for a highschool team? if it is talk to the coaches and ask if you can use the schools gym they should have one. If you could work out at a gym that would be best because then you can have coaches or other experienced lifters check your lift form for you.

benny
12-30-2008, 07:21 AM
just start eating now, and don't stop until next year. maybe you could be a lineman?

ZenMonkey
12-30-2008, 11:18 AM
find a gym

WillNoble
12-30-2008, 03:17 PM
You will never be able to train for football without access to weight facilities of some sort. Can you get in good condition without a gym? Yes absolutely, but GPP is not going to do much for you if you're worried about being pushed around out there.

I would suggest finding a gym, or speaking with your future coaches about using the team's facilities. (They will most likely be impressed with your eagerness and enthusiasm to work).

That being said, don't you dare say "It's too far to a gym" or "They won't let me train there". If you really want to play, if you really want to get better, you will find a way...

powerboy93
12-31-2008, 10:01 PM
buy a bench, squat rack and barebell with 300 lbs of weight. also wut r u current stats?