PDA

View Full Version : BOSS suit/briefs

AlMohr
12-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Has anyone tried either of these? Do you like them? I have the metal pro briefs and an ace squatter. The suit is nice but the briefs seem to thick and almost "spongy". I'm looking for other options. thanks

Brian Hopper
12-29-2008, 12:08 PM
I havent tried a BOSS suit but i love my BOSS briefs.

mastermonster
12-29-2008, 12:39 PM
I use the Boss Briefs and the Boss Suit. Both in the new Super+ material. Out of the monolift I probably have about a 600 raw squat. I have vid up here now of me doing a very easy 800 in the briefs and wraps and actually did 900 in the same combo during that training cycle. Also on the vid is me doing a 905 in the briefs and suit to check depth on my planned opener (903) 9 days out from Worlds. I did 955 suited during that cycle and 1010 about 4 inches high. I've got to get in my head with the 1000+ mental thing to make myself go on down with it.

I think (obviously) that the Boss/Boss combo is the best thing out there. I came out of canvas to this combo with big increases (as did Sam Byrd). One of my partners went from the Inzer Hardcore and Titan Centurion briefs to the Boss/Boss combo and increased almost 290 lbs. to his squat and, believe it or not; about 150 to his sumo deadlift! He also went to the 2 ply Katana shirt at the same time. His APF Alabama total in March was just under 1600 in his old gear. In Nov. at WPC Worlds he totaled 2039 to win the 220 Jrs. Hope this helps.

P.S. If you decide to go this route contact Ken Anderson (find him under distributors on the Titan website/North Texas)). Ken is the best and fastest service in the business, and great with fitting and equipment knowledge. Tell him Buddy referred you.

Lones Green
12-29-2008, 12:55 PM
I use the Boss Briefs and the Boss Suit. Both in the new Super+ material. Out of the monolift I probably have about a 600 raw squat. I have vid up here now of me doing a very easy 800 in the briefs and wraps and actually did 900 in the same combo during that training cycle. Also on the vid is me doing a 905 in the briefs and suit to check depth on my planned opener (903) 9 days out from Worlds. I did 955 suited during that cycle and 1010 about 4 inches high. I've got to get in my head with the 1000+ mental thing to make myself go on down with it.

I think (obviously) that the Boss/Boss combo is the best thing out there. I came out of canvas to this combo with big increases (as did Sam Byrd). One of my partners went from the Inzer Hardcore and Titan Centurion briefs to the Boss/Boss combo and increased almost 290 lbs. to his squat and, believe it or not; about 150 to his sumo deadlift! He also went to the 2 ply Katana shirt at the same time. His APF Alabama total in March was just under 1600 in his old gear. In Nov. at WPC Worlds he totaled 2039 to win the 220 Jrs. Hope this helps.

P.S. If you decide to go this route contact Ken Anderson (find him under distributors on the Titan website/North Texas)). Ken is the best and fastest service in the business, and great with fitting and equipment knowledge. Tell him Buddy referred you.

Shew! I know a lot of guys that use the boss stuff, but I'm no help!!

AlMohr
12-29-2008, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the great info!! I'm ordering the briefs this week. I'll have to wait on the suit till I save up some more money.

Also, since you mentioned the katana, have you tried the super training cut or super katana. I currently have a 2 ply f6, great shirt (get 200lbs out of it), but It's a 2 yr old hand me down, looking for something more.

mastermonster
12-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the great info!! I'm ordering the briefs this week. I'll have to wait on the suit till I save up some more money.

Also, since you mentioned the katana, have you tried the super training cut or super katana. I currently have a 2 ply f6, great shirt (get 200lbs out of it), but It's a 2 yr old hand me down, looking for something more.

It's a good idea to get the briefs 1st and brake them in by them selves. I tried braking in both at 1st and quickly went to just the briefs for 4-5 weeks before adding the suit to break it in.

I have both regular 1 ply and 2 ply Katanas and Super Katanas. In my experience it takes more to touch the Supers, but I can push more up. So, the Supers are more challenging to use but potentially more productive...and probably riskier to get a good touch and safe lift in. If your good with the F6, you're probably ready to try the Super. I don't know much about the Super Training Katana. I think it's an alteration that Ken does. I've talked to a couple of people who use it and they were very excited about them.

AlMohr
12-31-2008, 12:10 PM
It's a good idea to get the briefs 1st and brake them in by them selves. I tried braking in both at 1st and quickly went to just the briefs for 4-5 weeks before adding the suit to break it in.

I have both regular 1 ply and 2 ply Katanas and Super Katanas. In my experience it takes more to touch the Supers, but I can push more up. So, the Supers are more challenging to use but potentially more productive...and probably riskier to get a good touch and safe lift in. If your good with the F6, you're probably ready to try the Super. I don't know much about the Super Training Katana. I think it's an alteration that Ken does. I've talked to a couple of people who use it and they were very excited about them.

Thanks

Brian Hopper
12-31-2008, 01:22 PM
What is a super training katana???

WILD BILL
12-31-2008, 04:26 PM
I know Jackass switched over from metal pro briefs and ace squatter to boss/boss and freaking loves it. Another guy I wont mention wears the ace suit cause he has to but wears boss briefs. Both guys squat over 1000lbs so boss is good stuff.

On the Katana we invented the Super Training cut and everyone we have told about it has liked the shirt. U have a reg katana, the Super Katana and the Supertraining Katana. Depending on what fed u lift in will decide what shirt to get. I lift UPA and IPA. I wore a reg 52 Katana with straight slevees and got upto a 573 in that shirt. Got a Super Training Katana which is 4in longer on the bottom, bigger scoop then the super katana and a 6ply collar. Mines a 54 chest plate with a 56 size back with the Angled Sleeve. After only 2 workouts in the shirt I pressed 623 in a meet and it was easy.

If you need anymore info about the shirt I can give u detailed desriptions on what u can do and need to do to it.

Brian Hopper
12-31-2008, 05:39 PM
This sounds like a shirt I might be interested in!!! Is there a certain place you can order it from?

AlMohr
12-31-2008, 06:32 PM
I know Jackass switched over from metal pro briefs and ace squatter to boss/boss and freaking loves it. Another guy I wont mention wears the ace suit cause he has to but wears boss briefs. Both guys squat over 1000lbs so boss is good stuff.

On the Katana we invented the Super Training cut and everyone we have told about it has liked the shirt. U have a reg katana, the Super Katana and the Supertraining Katana. Depending on what fed u lift in will decide what shirt to get. I lift UPA and IPA. I wore a reg 52 Katana with straight slevees and got upto a 573 in that shirt. Got a Super Training Katana which is 4in longer on the bottom, bigger scoop then the super katana and a 6ply collar. Mines a 54 chest plate with a 56 size back with the Angled Sleeve. After only 2 workouts in the shirt I pressed 623 in a meet and it was easy.

If you need anymore info about the shirt I can give u detailed desriptions on what u can do and need to do to it.

Thanks for the info! I also lift in UPA/APF so thats not an issue, but I think I saw jackass wear it at the uspf meet you guys hosted

I'll be ordering that shirt I guess lol. Any advice you can give would be awesome and I do have a few questions about the super training cut, is it best to get a smaller chest plate or will ken just size me, also it seems you guys are big on the floopy backs any reason for no open back?

Thanks!

This sounds like a shirt I might be interested in!!! Is there a certain place you can order it from?

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/