PDA

View Full Version : Vegetable shake

Big Jay
12-29-2008, 03:45 PM
So hereís the deal
I hate vegetables
I donít eat any green veg... havenít ate any since I was like 5... but have decided I want to start eating healthier.
I mean I can force myself to eat alot of stuff... but I canít when it comes to veg.
I came across this
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/mp-formulas/superfood-xs/
ďa single serving of Superfood XS is equivalent to an amazing 11 servings of fruit or vegetables.Ē
Whatís your thoughts on this?

Also thinkin I could try putting veg in a blender or food processor. Make sum sort of veg shake or soup that I could throw in me.
Anyone got any good ideaís on what veg I could try? What else I could put in the shake to overpower the taste?
Any ideas welcomed.

whiteman90909
12-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Why not just chug some V8?

Big Jay
12-30-2008, 03:12 PM
yeah had a look at V8 drinks
might try them... the main 1 they do is like 87% tomato juice though... so may use it as a base and throw sum other stuff in.
I tried broccoli and potatoes (which i eat alot of anyway being from NI) through a food processor last nite. Made a lovely thick soup. Seems a good way to get my veg without havin to crunch through it. Might try adding carrots 2moro.

Brad08
12-31-2008, 07:41 AM
Nutrition-wise, V8 is basically just salt, vitamin C and vitamin A, which is good for you but you're not getting the full range of nutrients from one V8 a day or anything. Still, it's an easy way to get down SOMETHING healthy. I try to drink one cup each morning.

About the only other way I eat vegetables is by putting them in a soup. You can make a big batch of chicken and vegetable soup, or vegetable beef stew or something, and then freeze half of it for later. I've also increased my vegetable intake by making a pumpkin pudding thing, which is basically just 100% pure pumpkin with some other stuff mixed in, then bake, and chill. Pumpkin is packed with nutrients.

Blending it into a shake might not be a bad idea, considering how rarely I eat vegetables.

Big Jay
12-31-2008, 09:50 AM
yeah i figured while i'm gettin the rest of my diet sorted i might aswell try to add in sum veg. no matter how many times i've tried though, when i try to eat most veg i remember bein forced to eat it wen i was young and i feel like gagging.
homemade soups seem an easy way.
gonna experiment with different soup recipes.
also gonna see how certain veg blends in with shakes.
still i doubt whatever i try will make them taste anywhere near as good as a nice beef tenderloin lol

anonymous1
01-01-2009, 09:00 AM
I love these green drinks. I didn't see a full ingredient list on that site, but I remember the product not having very high doses of anything.

This is the best I've found:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olabs/green.html

The one with hemp protein added isn't bad either.

As far as a legitimate green shake, I could always stomach 2-3 oranges blended up with 1/2-1 bag of dark green spinach. I also can't eat them straight.

quite
01-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I sometimes mix up:
- orange juice
- banana
- carrot
- tomatoes
- another fruit

into a blender. Blend until smooth. Sweet enough to drink cold, full of vits from fruit and veg. Much easier than chomping your way through an orange, a carrot, a few tomatoes and another piece of fruit in one session!!

Bergs
01-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I've also increased my vegetable intake by making a pumpkin pudding thing, which is basically just 100% pure pumpkin with some other stuff mixed in, then bake, and chill. Pumpkin is packed with nutrients.
Would you mind sharing the recipe for this? I've bought pumpkin a few times, but can't find anything to mix it with that actually tastes good and I always end up just throwing the pumpkin out.