PDA

View Full Version : This Weeks Deadlift 740 for almost a double

Erik 23
12-30-2008, 11:12 PM
I know the first rep was hitched i dont know why i do that cause lookin at the video i already almost have it locked then i hitch back way to far IDK i need to figure out how to stop that.

Cause it feels like im like not anywhere close to being locked then when i see video it looks like im right there then when i do lock im way to far back.

Anyway on the second rep it started coming up good then i started to hitch some and i kinda started to let it sit on my knees a little to hitch a little more kinda hurt so just dropped it lol. Oh well the next few weeks are singles anyway so i am happy. By the way this is the Eddy Coan Mark Phillipi program im doing again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnH8em4b5IU&feature=channel_page

P.S. In the words of the Great ronnie coleman Nutthin but a peanut :)

john bernor
12-31-2008, 12:47 AM
very very strong,,,God bless

Tom Mutaffis
12-31-2008, 07:04 AM
I don't think that you should be maxing all the time in the Coan/Phillipe program... it is a balance of some heavier work and then speed singles but I thought most of the ME work was reps or from different heights.

Erik 23
12-31-2008, 07:28 AM
very very strong,,,God bless
Thank you John i appreciate the compliment especially coming from a athlete such as your self i love watching your videos man your lifts are insane.And whats even more impressive is your love for Jesus.Your a great Brother in Christ.Im looking forward to meeting you someday God BLess you my friend.

I don't think that you should be maxing all the time in the Coan/Phillipe program... it is a balance of some heavier work and then speed singles but I thought most of the ME work was reps or from different heights.

Hi thanx for the comment.Im not maxing all the time though last week was reps and i was suppose to double it this time but missed due to me starting to set the weight slightly on my knees.I got like 3 weeks of max's coming up.
Next week is like 760 then 780 then attempt 800.

So it is some ME Work for singles i just havent gotten there yet.The different height thing i dont think there is like rack work or anything in this program.There is speed work but its not singles its usually 3 sets of 3 like i did 585 yesterday for 2 sets of 3 then dropped to 495 and finished my last set cause i wanted to move faster.

lenny spero
12-31-2008, 08:33 AM
looks good bro..very strong

Tom Mutaffis
12-31-2008, 09:04 AM
You are right, for some reason I remember it being different but that might have been another program...

http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/coan_phillipi_deadlift/?curmax=700&targetmax=800&type=lbs&submit=Calculate

http://www.powerpage.net/coanphildead.html

chris mason
12-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Erik, I hate to be the voice of dissent, but you didn't just hitch a little, you hitched a LOT. You simply don't have the strength to properly lockout those weights. If you are training for a competitive style deadlift, I think you are only reinforcing bad technique.

I think you should alter your training to do some lockout work.

Ben Moore
12-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Erik, I hate to be the voice of dissent, but you didn't just hitch a little, you hitched a LOT. You simply don't have the strength to properly lockout those weights. If you are training for a competitive style deadlift, I think you are only reinforcing bad technique.

I think you should alter your training to do some lockout work.

Agreed - You're strong as an ox man but I hate to see you setting yourself up for failure. If you're training for strongman - keep it up - but if you're wanting to put up a big total work on the little things that make for a clean lockout.

vdizenzo
12-31-2008, 01:38 PM
I agree with Chris and Ben.

thewicked
12-31-2008, 03:06 PM
not to sound like a tool because you can pull WAY more than i do..but from the look of that first rep, just for constructive criticism, i'd suggest not going any higher until that kinda stuff stops.

AlMohr
12-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, no question, your strong, but pulling with that form, hitching like you did, and expecting to hit up to 800 is set up for failure and a debilitating injury. Lower the weight, fix the form and your progress, strength and health will be optimal

pie zar
12-31-2008, 07:19 PM
you would probably hitch less if u went barefoot and wore shorts instead of sweat pants Also power shrugs could help.

HP666
12-31-2008, 07:25 PM
I have to agree with everyone else Erik. Your brute strength is awesome, and every week you show us videos of you moving some impressive amount of weight in a really bad way. And I don't say this to be a dick, but please lower the weight and get that technique down, you have no one to impress but yourself. Hell man, I'm almost 6-4 360 lbs and I can only bench 455 raw and squat 565 raw, and I hate it, but I put my time in and I am gradually building my strength. Like I always say, the tortoise wins the race; but the tortoise also must learn to keep his ego in check and realize just because he's on a forum with bunch of guys smaller but immensely stronger than him he doesn't have to try and kill himself to be accepted as part of the group. Get what I'm saying? We all know you're strong, you don't have anyone to impress here. Lowering that weight now will help you lift much greater weight later.

Erik 23
12-31-2008, 08:58 PM
looks good bro..very strong
Thanx Lenny i appreciate the comment.

I have to agree with everyone else Erik. Your brute strength is awesome, and every week you show us videos of you moving some impressive amount of weight in a really bad way. And I don't say this to be a dick, but please lower the weight and get that technique down, you have no one to impress but yourself. Hell man, I'm almost 6-4 360 lbs and I can only bench 455 raw and squat 565 raw, and I hate it, but I put my time in and I am gradually building my strength. Like I always say, the tortoise wins the race; but the tortoise also must learn to keep his ego in check and realize just because he's on a forum with bunch of guys smaller but immensely stronger than him he doesn't have to try and kill himself to be accepted as part of the group. Get what I'm saying? We all know you're strong, you don't have anyone to impress here. Lowering that weight now will help you lift much greater weight later.

Thanx for the response and yeah i get what your saying.And you have some awesome lifts by the way,a 455lbs bench and 565 lbs squat raw is nothing to sneeze at.

I am very humble,and always willing to learn i really do appreciate the responses and comments that everyone has contributed to my post.

Im not posting to impress any one here,There are lifters far stronger than me on this board .So theres no way i could ever come on this board with a Ego, Honestly im only Putting up these videos because im on my quest to Deadlift 800 Lbs. Which i have been chasing forever Lol.
I am also posting,this to show the progress i am making off the Ed Coan Mark Phillipi Program.

I will Drop the weight i have like 2 to maybe 3 more weeks all of max singles so im gonna work on my form of getting lower and not hitching as much. I might even try more of a sumo style to keep my back up so i dont hitch. Thanx everyone for your advice.

Painzer
12-31-2008, 09:07 PM
I won't repeat it since everyone has already said it, but I will repeat something that Dizenzo said that stuck with me... If it comes off the ground, you should be able to lock it out. Work on your lockout, your speed off the floor looks really good. You are seriously strong though, man. Great work.

BloodyDeadliftr
01-01-2009, 09:44 AM
great job man...your putting up some huge numbers!!!