PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Vin!

bencher8
12-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Those contrast showers seem to work pretty well. I tried it after my last ME training day on Sun and it didnt seem to have an effect right away, but there was a big difference by the next day. Usually I am trashed for 3-4 days after a real heavy day, but I was good to go by tuesday this time..

anyway, thanks for the tip....

geoffsherman
12-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Can you provide anymore details on these (how you do them?)? Did they reduce your soreness?

Ben Moore
12-31-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure about Vin, but I typically do 1 min hot as you can stand it followed by 1 min of as cold as I can for 4-5 rounds.

hug dog
12-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I read about them on here a couple weeks ago and I have done them 3 times. It seemed to help allot.

vdizenzo
12-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Those contrast showers seem to work pretty well. I tried it after my last ME training day on Sun and it didnt seem to have an effect right away, but there was a big difference by the next day. Usually I am trashed for 3-4 days after a real heavy day, but I was good to go by tuesday this time..

So glad it helped. I swear by them. I usually feel a difference right afterwards especially if my shoulders are burning from all the pressing from my push day workout. However, the next day is where it helps the most. I usually feel like a bag of smashed as_holes the day after heavy training. With contrast showers that does not happen.

vdizenzo
12-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Can you provide anymore details on these (how you do them?)? Did they reduce your soreness?

Geoff, for a heavy training session I do two minutes burning hot followed by one minute of all cold. I do this three times. It's very important to end on the cold. When you get out of the shower rub yourself vigorously with a towel to warm up and then put on some nice warm clothes. For a mild workout I do three rounds of 1 minute hot and 30 seconds cold. They really work. Give them a shot.

Ryano
12-31-2008, 02:20 PM
I also like to do these, but prior to the shower, I sit in a 160 degree dry sauna for 10-15 minutes. After the contrast shower & a protein shake, it feels like you can workout again.

Travis Bell
12-31-2008, 04:55 PM
I do them as well, just as Vin prescribed. HUGE difference.

LOL by the third round though I can hardly feel the difference between the hot and cold because my skin is numb

Painzer
12-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Geoff, for a heavy training session I do two minutes burning hot followed by one minute of all cold. I do this three times. It's very important to end on the cold. When you get out of the shower rub yourself vigorously with a towel to warm up and then put on some nice warm clothes. For a mild workout I do three rounds of 1 minute hot and 30 seconds cold. They really work. Give them a shot.

I did it for the first time ever after seeing Dizenzo swear by them... it was awesome. After a really heavy day, I had no soreness the next day, that never happens.

I will admit that I do them a little bit different. First of all, contrast showers are not recommended for guys like me (I have asthma) so it's tough on my breathing... but I do them 3 minutes hot, 30 seconds cold, about 3 rounds. So I think you can change the times around and still be successful.

Just thought I'd add that.

whotime
01-01-2009, 12:29 AM
i did this tonight and i cant explain i feel instantly better.

jthomas
01-01-2009, 11:19 AM

Its about time you wash your dirt ass

bencher8
01-01-2009, 01:28 PM
I know YOU arent giving me a hard time about washing...this coming from a guy who took a piss in his squat suit before he went on the platform lol

Thats still one of my top powerlifting related stories I tell people lol