PDA

View Full Version : plans

Vet
01-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Since there doesn't seem to be a monolift for a couple of hundred miles around where I live (alabama/georgia border) and I'm not quite in a position to purchase one yet because I don't have a place to put it, I'm trying to put together an attachment I can use with the power rack in the gym, something along the lines of Crepinseks full beam safety hooks (it'll have to be somewhat modified, custom made because of the rack).

Does anyone have detailed plans for something like that attachment or pictures of ones that they've built?

Thanks. I appreciate it.

JK

whotime
01-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Since there doesn't seem to be a monolift for a couple of hundred miles around where I live (alabama/georgia border) and I'm not quite in a position to purchase one yet because I don't have a place to put it, I'm trying to put together an attachment I can use with the power rack in the gym, something along the lines of Crepinseks full beam safety hooks (it'll have to be somewhat modified, custom made because of the rack).

Does anyone have detailed plans for something like that attachment or pictures of ones that they've built?

Thanks. I appreciate it.

JK

dont know how far from
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=427670706

you are but it is worth a 1-130 hour trip one way to use a mono trust me i drive 1 hour on fridays to use 1

Vet
01-04-2009, 07:41 PM
dont know how far from
tp://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=427670706

you are but it is worth a 1-130 hour trip one way to use a mono trust me i drive 1 hour on fridays to use 1

You guys are about 3 hours from me give or take a bit.

Ben Moore
01-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Do a search on youtube for monolift attachment - there's a few on there that show you some things to do. We've had one made that attaches to the pins at the top of the rack. Picking it up next week as a matter of fact.

Vet
01-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Do a search on youtube for monolift attachment - there's a few on there that show you some things to do. We've had one made that attaches to the pins at the top of the rack. Picking it up next week as a matter of fact.

Thanks Ben.

Chris Rodgers
01-04-2009, 10:14 PM
A cheap alternative if you have enough training partners is to do the ghetto-lift. You just set the pins in the power rack at your "monolift" height. You stand up with the weight and have partners pulls the pins out. Then you squat and have them shove them back in. You need enough people to spot and separate people to pull the pins for safety.

Vet
01-04-2009, 11:23 PM
A cheap alternative if you have enough training partners is to do the ghetto-lift. You just set the pins in the power rack at your "monolift" height. You stand up with the weight and have partners pulls the pins out. Then you squat and have them shove them back in. You need enough people to spot and separate people to pull the pins for safety.

It's a good idea, and we've thought about it. We've also considered two people each picking up a side of the bar and getting into postion under that. Only, I'm the strongest guy in the group, so its not going to work too well for me.

The problem is the rack at the gym is nice and heavy, but its one of those with the bolts on one side and the catch pin only goes in the back side hole, its not a conventional sliding pin type rack. It takes a bit to pull the catch pin out.

I'm working up to and hopefully over 800 lbs this squat training cycle. Thats too much weight for me to feel safe with people beating on a catch pin with a 5lb plate to get it loose. Someone will bump the weight or worse yet won't be able to get the pins in place when I'm done and get smashed.