PDA

View Full Version : diet questions.

nate1029
04-05-2002, 08:58 PM
Hi, I'm very new to body building, I'm 21 years old, and I'm 6'0, 165lbs. When I started working out, I was 145lbs. I've been this weight/height this I was about 14. The deal is. I eat like a horse. I eat about 10 times a day. I can down three foot long subs from quiznos in fifteen minutes. I can eat through three pizzas, and I'm fine. I don't gain weight, I'll maybe lose or a gain a pound, but I'm always around 145lbs. My mom made me take vitamins and such due to the fact I eat basically junk food 24/7. I eat complete crap, I live off a diet of pizza, microwaved dinners, and sushi. I eat constantly, almost all the time. I want to know if this is ''okay.'' A good friend told me that even though I have a high metabolism, my diet can still interfere with my ability to work out and put on muscle mass. He said even though I take supplements it might not be enough. I was curious as to how this might affect me in a positive/negative way. will my diet of junk food and the fact that I don't put on weight unless I work out cause problems? even though I do take supplements? I hear from the trainers at the gym, diet is essential.

Mark
04-06-2002, 12:57 AM
You certainly seem to have a high metabolism. You are probably not getting enough protein to grow muscle - assuming you are working out properly.

You probably need at least 1.5 g of protein per pound of bodyweight with your metabolism - maybe more.

Stop eating subs, microwave dinners and pizza.
Replace these items with lean red meat, chicken, fish for protein plus protein drinks.

For energy eat plenty of potatoes, rice, some pasta and as much fresh fruit and vegetables as you can handle.